Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Why hasn't motorola made a bigger point in the TV Ads about being Assembled in the US

OP blackhand1001

24th March 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 39

570 posts
It was a big deal when the phone was being launched that it was made in America. They even went to the assembly plant to show the phone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
24th March 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 964

4,126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhadee12

It was a big deal when the phone was being launched that it was made in America. They even went to the assembly plant to show the phone.

Assembled. Not made.

sent from my sm-9005.
24th March 2014, 12:21 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 39

570 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhadee12

It was a big deal when the phone was being launched that it was MADE in America.

As my previous post stated. It was MADE in America.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

I did state that it was MADE in America.

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter

Assembled. Not made.

sent from my sm-9005.

My previous post indicated that it was made in America.

24th March 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 964

4,126 posts
It was assembled in america not made. Big difference. Even says so on the phone.

sent from my sm-9005.
24th March 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #15  
Flag Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 310

1,480 posts
More
They had those commercials of that hippie guy as a phone but I thought that wasn't a good enough commercial to promote the phone.

Sent from my XT1058 using xda premium
28th March 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #16  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 144

351 posts
More
The back of my Dev edition says "Designed & assembled in the USA" in extremely faint, almost invisible lettering. However I couldn't care less. All the silicon is made in Asia anyway. At least it's less pretentious than Apple's "Designed by Apple in California" on the backs of all their devices.

Sent from my Moto X Developer Edition (XT1053)
29th March 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,462

6,414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zAlbee

The back of my Dev edition says "Designed & assembled in the USA" in extremely faint, almost invisible lettering. However I couldn't care less. All the silicon is made in Asia anyway. At least it's less pretentious than Apple's "Designed by Apple in California" on the backs of all their devices.

Sent from my Moto X Developer Edition (XT1053)

I applaud you for writing "couldn't" instead of "could", but I fail to see how either inscription is pretentious.

Sent from my Moto X
29th March 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 73

415 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter

It was assembled in america not made. Big difference. Even says so on the phone.

sent from my sm-9005.

It most definitely a big difference, but that would depend on your world view of resources. It's inevitable that most parts are made in China because HEFA holds the supply for 90% of the world's supply of rare-earths that power our smartphones. It makes no economical sense to ship the minerals to America to build when they have fab-facilities in China that are close to the resources. Molycorp(another supplier) just reopened their mine in Mountain Pass, CA to become a world supplier then. If you look at it from that perspective of the market: 'made in' is not as important as 'assembled in' when it comes to the American-jobs bandwagon. You can't magically wish rare-earth minerals in America, but you can wish assembly jobs for Americans.

And c'mon: Samsung makes the best OLED panels and it shows in our Moto X. The guys who made the speakers should get called back in as well. Best quality in the business.
Last edited by alpha-niner64; 29th March 2014 at 08:12 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread