Motorola - Yesterday and Today

OP Jersey846

29th June 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 207

710 posts
While visiting my grandmother in Tennessee I ran across some vintage items. One in particular caught my eye that I figured I'd share with you all. A 1947 Motorola AM Radio model 5A7A. Being the Motorola fan that I am, and being that I have only owned Motorola for my Android phones, I had to take some pictures. The radio is in good working order. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1404071786008.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2824343

Name:	1404071814953.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	2824344

Name:	1404071834974.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	2824345

Sent from my Moto X
Last edited by Jersey846; 29th June 2014 at 09:14 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Jersey846 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #2  
Flag Redding
Thanks Meter: 10

140 posts
Donate to Me
More
Classic I remember being the first kid in high school to have a cell phone the Motorola startac that was almost 20 years ago lol. Good stuff

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to superp32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

710 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superp32

Classic I remember being the first kid in high school to have a cell phone the Motorola startac that was almost 20 years ago lol. Good stuff

I'm gonna have to Google that! My Motorola devices that I can recall having owned are the Original Razr, Droid Pro (Android), Razr M (Android), and now the Moto X. I've also owned various headphones and accessories from Motorola. One of my favorites being an early pair of bluetooth headphones that I still use in the gym today.

Sent from my Moto X
30th June 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #4  
Flag Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 310

1,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey846

I'm gonna have to Google that! My Motorola devices that I can recall having owned are the Original Razr, Droid Pro (Android), Razr M (Android), and now the Moto X. I've also owned various headphones and accessories from Motorola. One of my favorites being an early pair of bluetooth headphones that I still use in the gym today.

Sent from my Moto X

There's a few places in Murfreesboro, TN that sells a lot of antiques.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
30th June 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

710 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com

There's a few places in Murfreesboro, TN that sells a lot of antiques.

One of the only random stations I've added to favorites on TunedIn is from Murfreesboro. Added it for Coast to Coast AM. I wonder how far that is from Chattanooga.

Sent from my Moto X
30th June 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 310

1,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey846

One of the only random stations I've added to favorites on TunedIn is from Murfreesboro. Added it for Coast to Coast AM. I wonder how far that is from Chattanooga.

Sent from my Moto X

About an hour and 30 mins to 2 hours depending on how you drive. Just 30 minutes outside of Nashville. I grew up there and my family is still there but I live in California now.

The Following User Says Thank You to hovax615@hotmail.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

710 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com

About an hour and 30 mins to 2 hours depending on how you drive. Just 30 minutes outside of Nashville. I grew up there and my family is still there but I live in California now.

We may even pass through there on the way back to DC. Might check it out for a pit stop!

Sent from my Moto X
30th June 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #8  
California
Thanks Meter: 35

283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superp32

My first mobile was a StarTac, great phone except for the antenna design - I probably broke 5 of them off. I replaced it with a V60 when it died. I'm evidently about 10 years older than you, as I was out of college by a few years then. My first job after college, we had one Motorola brick phone in the office to take when working out in the field. It was an improvement over the prior bag phone. Motorola dominated for years - only Nokia was close with their candybar (and they were super-size candy bars) phones that if I remember correctly put the hurt on Motorola and gave them the push they needed to produce the StarTac and stay in the lead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Note10.1Dude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

710 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Note10.1Dude

My first mobile was a StarTac, great phone except for the antenna design - I probably broke 5 of them off. I replaced it with a V60 when it died. I'm evidently about 10 years older than you, as I was out of college by a few years then. My first job after college, we had one Motorola brick phone in the office to take when working out in the field. It was an improvement over the prior bag phone. Motorola dominated for years - only Nokia was close with their candybar (and they were super-size candy bars) phones that if I remember correctly put the hurt on Motorola and gave them the push they needed to produce the StarTac and stay in the lead.

I totally forgot about the StarTac! I absolutely owned that and it was definitely the first Motorola I owned. I didn't use it a whole lot because of cell phone costs back then but I remember thinking I was the coolest for having my very own cell phone. Felt like a rock star!

Also, I never set out to own strictly Motorola for my Androids, I guess it just turned out that what I wanted at the time, Motorola had exactly what I was needing. To switch from BlackBerry, I wanted a keyboard. The Droid Pro keyboard was nearly an exact replica of the BlackBerry at the time. So I took the leap. When time rolled around for a replacement, I wanted a smaller device than what was becoming popular. I remember seeing commercials for the Razr M and being impressed with the design and reviews I was reading. What a little badass that phone ended up being. Then recently when the M started to show its age while at the same time I tired of the small screen size, the X came out. And I don't really have to say anything about the X. Design and performance reviews blew me out of the water. Nicest looking phone there is. Couldn't be happier. Ok maybe a better camera...

Sent from my Moto X

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread