XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 to Moto X

Tip us?

AndreaCristiano
Old
Thanks Meter 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedei View Post
I have a question for you guys that had both: which camera is better?
honestly both about the same although the X shoots better video
"GOD WRITES THE GOSPEL NOT IN THE BIBLE ALONE, BUT ALSO ON THE TREES, AND IN THE FLOWERS AND CLOUDS AND STARS'
Martin Luther
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,629
Quote:
I call it a draw really.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dedei
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Interesting! I've been itching to get a nexus as it feels more modern~* and I thought the camera was somehow better than my current moto x. I guess I was wrong!

aviwdoowks
Old
Thanks Meter 497
Sammy & the Nexus are like the newest Gillete razors while our moto is like a poor single blade Bic Metal. There is a loyal market today for this great razor.
I am Maxx'ed, X + 1/2
Moto X, Ultra, Razr M & msm8960 STUFF

-----------------------------
----------------------------------
My xt907 Noob & Goodies links

My Moto X / Ultra links

Using TapaTalk or Xda app: You Blind!, Get a Real Browser!

Android File Transfer SUCKS! Is there a no root solution for Osx? I am resorting to Parallels DeskTop-W7.

Funkym0nkey
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Nexus 5 is more consistent. But I think it is down to how the Motorola software handles focusing, metering and HDR. Now that Google camera is finally on play store, plan to take Moto X for the spin outside tomorrow. Indoor focusing seems to work great with Google camera on moto x. It is sketchy with stock Motorola camera. So definite improvement there already.

From my Moto X, in your face!
http://gadgetop.com
Current Phones in use
LG G3 Incoming
Huawei Ascend Mate2 LTE.
2x HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. Silver.
Motorola Moto X
iPhone 5S Space Grey
Recently Retired Devices : Nexus 5 32GB panther, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, Optimus G2 D800, Optimus G Pro E980, Galaxy Note 3, HTC ONE Dev Edition, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Octa), Google Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Funkym0nkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndreaCristiano
Old
Thanks Meter 237
Been doing that all day and they seem virtually identical

MOTO X
"GOD WRITES THE GOSPEL NOT IN THE BIBLE ALONE, BUT ALSO ON THE TREES, AND IN THE FLOWERS AND CLOUDS AND STARS'
Martin Luther

ghostt021
Old
Thanks Meter 1,528
Just my two cents, but it seems with all the development on the N5 a lot of people are not nearly as happy with the phone as with X most user has repeatedly report stock usage maybe exposed installed. And even when switching to an aosp ROM switching back or to another stock ROM. And last it seems everyone wants active display and and touch less controls. I'm not saying the X is the perfect phone, but it's perfect for me pro's and con's and all

Krypton X
This week's favor

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,629
The moto x was the only android to finally get my wife to the android world......from her iPhone 4s. She had an s2 for 3 months, and went back to her iPhone. An hour playing with the x....and its hers now. Lol

I asked her after a month if she still wanted the iPhone 5 she realllly wanted, she said nope. Never.

True story.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndreaCristiano
Old
Thanks Meter 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostt021 View Post
Just my two cents, but it seems with all the development on the N5 a lot of people are not nearly as happy with the phone as with X most user has repeatedly report stock usage maybe exposed installed. And even when switching to an aosp ROM switching back or to another stock ROM. And last it seems everyone wants active display and and touch less controls. I'm not saying the X is the perfect phone, but it's perfect for me pro's and con's and all

Krypton X
THIS. I have always kept both my X's stock and it's the only phone I havent rooted and flashed ever!
Martin Luther

The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]