Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ntelos Moto X

Tip us?

-Smoke-
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ntelos Moto X

Hey there.....I'm with a small Va based carrier called Ntelos. I'm pretty sure we are never gonna get the kit kat update. I'm a noob to smartphone flashing but I'm computer savvy. Is there a way to update to kit kat by using the Sprint update. From what I've read Ntelos uses sprint frequencies and towers.

letterboxdreams
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Smoke- View Post
Hey there.....I'm with a small Va based carrier called Ntelos. I'm pretty sure we are never gonna get the kit kat update. I'm a noob to smartphone flashing but I'm computer savvy. Is there a way to update to kit kat by using the Sprint update. From what I've read Ntelos uses sprint frequencies and towers.
No. They are different model numbers. You will either need to wait for nTelos to get KK, or C Spire would need to get it. I know that C Spire will be getting the KK update soon, and when that happens, it will either happen for nTelos at the same time, or you can just use the ROM from C Spire.

I have a Moto X through nTelos as well, and I unlocked the bootloader, rooted it, and I'm running Xposed Mods on it. That with Nova Launcher Prime, and a custom layout, and I don't need KK. There aren't enough new features with KK that would make going from 4.2 to 4.4(.2) worth it for me right now to risk losing root.
The Following User Says Thank You to letterboxdreams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MonaSpencer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Enjoy your better career... wish you best luck..

huedawg
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
What root method did you use for your Ntelos Moto x ? Thank you.

Sent from my XT1049 using xda app-developers app

letterboxdreams
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by huedawg View Post
What root method did you use for your Ntelos Moto x ? Thank you.

Sent from my XT1049 using xda app-developers app
I followed the same method for the Republic Wireless root method, which can be found on here...

Now, I will let you know, I have been given official confirmation that 4.4.2 WILL be out on or around April 7th, so I would not root or do any of that now as you will have to SBF your device back to 100% stock prior to taking the OTA. If you go to the nTelos website, at this link: http://www.ntelos.com/motoxkitkat that is where you will see that they are rolling 4.4.2 out. Since it's an OTA update, it'll be a staggered release from Motorola directly, so if you don't get the notification right away, you'll get it within a couple of days.
The Following User Says Thank You to letterboxdreams For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SupremerosesXO
Old
Thanks Meter 0
We should make a thread for Ntelos variant.. lol I don't want to feel left out and I just got this phone tuesday.. I LOVE IT TO DEATH lol