Paint It Black

Tip us?

piskr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Default Paint It Black

My experience and expectations regarding Moto X:
I've been using Moto X for a while now and I can generally say that Iím satisfied with the purchase. I have ATT model X1058, sim unlocked and unrooted. The phone perfectly suits my needs for business and everyday use. Iím not much of a gamer, I donít use and neither have installed any game though. What I have installed or enabled and it is really very important to me, is: tethering, VPN, offline navigation, voice commands, personal certificate for access to the bank and other protected sites and voip for international calling. Everything works like a charm, expectedly sip functionality was removed from the system and I use Csipsimple for that purpose.
What disturbing me regarding this phone is locked bootloader and pretty much bloatware (mostly from ATT side, some junk from Motorola). Iím planning to root the phone as soon as the procedure become stable and remove all that crap.
I donít expect that with the locked bootloader Iíll have chance to install a custom rom anytime soon. In fact I donít really need it, what I really miss are minor changes. What annoying me is a massive bright white color among screens and apps. Starting with really ugly bootanimation (the winter one is nicer but still pretty white), continuing with cumbersome bright dialer following with Chrome, emails etc, everything flash bright light into your face whenever you grab the phone. Itís not only annoying, it destroys the main purpose of the beautiful amoled screen and drains your battery for no good. Anyway, I expected more from the battery regarding its capacity and special structure of the Motorola computing system.
Seeking the solution I ran to the GravityBox (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2556400), which appears to be really nice and functional. But then, unfortunatelly it doesn't support ART, which is my runtime option for one week now and it really makes the system fast and besides I haven't experienced any issues with it yet.
I don't really need everything from Gravitybox, although it has some useful features, what I need is a plain dark Moto x, which fit the Amoled screen the best and sucks the battery less. The only application I manage to replace on my unrooted phone with the dark one is stock sms with 8sms.
So I found this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1688896). Since I'm not a developer, I would be grateful if someone who is familiar with the subject take a close look and advice me if:
replacing the framework-res.apk with Moto's if the latest is rooted enables dark experience on Moto x?
if so, does this theme has influence only on the background or on installed apps (at least the system ones Ėdialer, emailÖ) as well?

Paint the Moto x black, get the most of the Amoled screen and the battery!

RorixRebel
Old
Thanks Meter 94
your post is soooooooooo confusing, stopped reading on the 4th line.

cheers :3

kamikass
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr View Post
My experience and expectations regarding Moto X:
I've been using Moto X for a while now and I can generally say that Iím satisfied with the purchase. I have ATT model X1058, sim unlocked and unrooted. The phone perfectly suits my needs for business and everyday use. Iím not much of a gamer, I donít use and neither have installed any game though. What I have installed or enabled and it is really very important to me, is: tethering, VPN, offline navigation, voice commands, personal certificate for access to the bank and other protected sites and voip for international calling. Everything works like a charm, expectedly sip functionality was removed from the system and I use Csipsimple for that purpose.
What disturbing me regarding this phone is locked bootloader and pretty much bloatware (mostly from ATT side, some junk from Motorola). Iím planning to root the phone as soon as the procedure become stable and remove all that crap.
I donít expect that with the locked bootloader Iíll have chance to install a custom rom anytime soon. In fact I donít really need it, what I really miss are minor changes. What annoying me is a massive bright white color among screens and apps. Starting with really ugly bootanimation (the winter one is nicer but still pretty white), continuing with cumbersome bright dialer following with Chrome, emails etc, everything flash bright light into your face whenever you grab the phone. Itís not only annoying, it destroys the main purpose of the beautiful amoled screen and drains your battery for no good. Anyway, I expected more from the battery regarding its capacity and special structure of the Motorola computing system.
Seeking the solution I ran to the GravityBox (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2556400), which appears to be really nice and functional. But then, unfortunatelly it doesn't support ART, which is my runtime option for one week now and it really makes the system fast and besides I haven't experienced any issues with it yet.
I don't really need everything from Gravitybox, although it has some useful features, what I need is a plain dark Moto x, which fit the Amoled screen the best and sucks the battery less. The only application I manage to replace on my unrooted phone with the dark one is stock sms with 8sms.
So I found this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1688896). Since I'm not a developer, I would be grateful if someone who is familiar with the subject take a close look and advice me if:
replacing the framework-res.apk with Moto's if the latest is rooted enables dark experience on Moto x?
if so, does this theme has influence only on the background or on installed apps (at least the system ones Ėdialer, emailÖ) as well?

Paint the Moto x black, get the most of the Amoled screen and the battery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RorixRebel View Post
your post is soooooooooo confusing, stopped reading on the 4th line.

cheers :3
So I'll resume it... He wants ART and dark holo background to work together, but GravityBox doesn't support ART, as probably all xposed modules.

I'm not a dev either, so I can't help... But I'm also interested on the answer...

Is it possible to make Xposed Framework / Modules compatible with ART?

piskr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikass View Post
So I'll resume it... He wants ART and dark holo background to work together, but GravityBox doesn't support ART, as probably all xposed modules.

I'm not a dev either, so I can't help... But I'm also interested on the answer...

Is it possible to make Xposed Framework / Modules compatible with ART?
I apologize if I haven't made myself clear enough. But that is exactly what i want to said. Besides I wished someone to check whether is it possible to have the holo dark on Moto x if you flash the attached zip and replace contained framework-res.apk with one from Moto x. Just in case that ART wouldn't work with the GravityBox .
Attached Files
File Type: zip Holo_Background_Black.zip - [Click for QR Code] (512.2 KB, 4 views)

natezire71
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr View Post
I apologize if I haven't made myself clear enough. But that is exactly what i want to said. Besides I wished someone to check whether is it possible to have the holo dark on Moto x if you flash the attached zip and replace contained framework-res.apk with one from Moto x. Just in case that ART wouldn't work with the GravityBox .
Whatever you do, don't just replace the framework-res.apk with another one. It has to be for the same phone--or else you'll have some serious issues.

However, it sounds like you don't have a problem with the MotoX--but instead, KitKat. In which case, this isn't the place for this.
MotoX, KitKat
Nexus7.2, KitKat

cartmenicus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1898

DONATE TO ME
Just xtheme?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Device: Nexus 7,Moto X
Rom: N7: PA with faux kernel Moto X:Stock with Faux

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 1987
This is exactly why I never updated my X to 4.4... and I never will. I have my N5 for my kitkat needs, the X on 4.2 is perfect just the way it is.
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kj2112
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1621
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_ View Post
This is exactly why I never updated my X to 4.4... and I never will. I have my N5 for my kitkat needs, the X on 4.2 is perfect just the way it is.
This ^^^^

Sent from my Moto X cell phone telephone...

Vivjen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsqwizzys98 View Post
Just xtheme?
Not working on my X

Quote:
Originally Posted by natezire71 View Post
Whatever you do, don't just replace the framework-res.apk with another one. It has to be for the same phone--or else you'll have some serious issues.
Android patches into Lucky Patcher helps to replace even framework-res.apk without signatures issue

P.S. Looking for Holo Dark atleast just Mms.apk too