XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

People who have switched from another 2013 flagship to the Moto X

Tip us?

gliz5714
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuz142 View Post
Yes extremely, they're both very user friendly and stable programs. You can actually enable pie controls with gravity box (not on KitKat though), but I prefer the full LMT app for its customization. Here are the links to the respective threads:
LMT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1330150
Gravity box: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?=2316070
gravity box link isn't working, but thatks for that. I am waiting to get to kitkat before I unlock bootloader and root to get these things, they look really useful. being able to get the extra screen realestate would be amazing!

Travisdroidx2
Old
Thanks Meter 766
I recently got my Verizon Dev edition device after coming from a note 2 and most recent a S4. I feel so happy being free with a truly unlocked bootloader again and love this device so far. The only down fall to this device that I have seen and specially coming from the S4 is the camera. I have seen camera apps on the play store taking better pics than the stock camera. To me this is a let down since the device is so great. However I knew this to begin with before I bought it and knew I would not have the superior S4 camera anymore but I did not let a camera stop me from making the switch. I just hope Motorola improves on it big time.

kuz142
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliz5714 View Post
gravity box link isn't working, but thatks for that. I am waiting to get to kitkat before I unlock bootloader and root to get these things, they look really useful. being able to get the extra screen realestate would be amazing!
Sorry about that, try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554049

Yeah they're both incredibly useful apps, the on screen buttons were one of my only little annoyances with the X. And the best part is, they only require root, so you don't even have to unlock bootloader if you don't want!

dzendeh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
My short story: all iPhones until (including) 4s, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 4, HTC One, Nexus 4 and finally Moto X. And I'm loving it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
All your Tapatalk are belong to us.

NJGSII
Old
Thanks Meter 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK75 View Post
I came from the HTC One and have to say this phone is amazing. I don't think I can do a phone every again that doesn't have active notifications. Hell, even the dimple on the back is amazing. lol
Agreed.

Came from the HTC One too and the only things I miss about it are the IR, the metal build and the front facing speakers. The screens of each phone have their trade offs. The One's looked slightly better, but on the Moto X the blacks are better represented. The Moto X is a lot easier to hold and with the power button on the side you don't even need to worry about reaching for the top of the phone anyway. Truly the best thing about it thought is the active display. Most of the time on any phone that I have ever owned(from what my sig says, I've had just a few ) I would take it out the pocket just to check the time if I wasn't wearing a watch. Turning the screen on ramps up the processor. With the active display you don't need to worry about doing that and even if it flashes multiple times it seems to use hardly if any battery. Lastly, with the always listening feature I find myself using the voice controls quite often when at home or in the car. The matter of convenience of its access makes it actually usable.

Overall I'm happy with the Moto X. Heck, the stock rom is pretty good, so no needing to tinker with it much. The only thing that I done to it(and that there pretty much is the only thing that could be done to an AT&T version) is root it so I can use xposed, adblock, titanium backup and better battery stats. I would've shelled out the extra $50 for the dev edition no problem, but it wasn't available with the 2nd Cyber Monday promotion on the 9th. I will be here for the time being until perhaps the next Moto flagship comes out. Cheers!
Current Devices:

AT&T HTC One M8

Former Devices:

Google LG Nexus 5
AT&T HTC One M7
AT&T Moto X
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II
Google Asus Nexus 7
AT&T HTC One X
Apple iPhone 1st gen
Apple iPhone 3G
Apple iPhone 4

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 153
BTW... for folks really missing IR, you can install a global cache iTach, and it will do an even better job of it. You don't need line of sight from your handset, and there are a variety of applications that can communicate with it to control your IR gear, as well as IP controlled stuff.

Using iRule, I control my entire home (lights, A/V, HVAC, alarm) from my Moto x.

omias
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I sold my S4, now I have the moto x and 192 dlls

I dont miss the S4.........ok ok, just the camera Options/configs.

chirpa12
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by omias View Post
I sold my S4, now I have the moto x and 192 dlls

I dont miss the S4.........ok ok, just the camera Options/configs.
How much did you sell the s4 for?

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

icelus1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I bricked my Samsung Galaxy S III a couple of weeks ago and had to head down to the Sprint store for a solution. They couldn't fix the GS3, and my old HTC EVO Shift was having issues, so I had to get a new phone. I chose the Moto X, and I have done nothing but love the phone ever since. With my GS3, I felt like I had to root just to get rid of all of the extra crap Samsung puts on their phone. It just tried to do too much that I had no desire to use. With my Moto X, I have no desire to root. I'm so happy with how it runs right out of the box. I'm getting better signals, better bluetooth connectivity, better music playback, faster app performance, etc. And the hands-free voice commands and Active Display are simply awesome.

omias
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpa12 View Post
How much did you sell the s4 for?

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
538 dlls, ( Here..México city)