Ask a question

No registration required

[Work in progress] Fixing a "Hard-Bricked" Moto X

OP omarachs

6th May 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
This thread is a process of how to potentially get your phone prepared for these steps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...rrupt-t2629057

If your device says USB Input device and then disconnects after a few seconds, There is a potential theory as to how to bypass that.
After buying a "Factory cable" for the moto X for 10$ I plugged it into my computer and nothing, So i noticed that it would 'unplug' after it "installed" the driver. So i plugged it into the USB slot in my pc and found out that the green light not only showed up, but stayed on for a constant hour! This means that the phone must somehow still be alive and charging. The reason behind this is the fact that the TV didn't install the driver, but simply sent current to the cord. The problem is that if you've already installed the driver on your pc once, it will always fetch that same driver to install the device again. The bypass to that would be finding a Windows XP computer that asks if you'd like to install the drivers first. Or a Win 7/8 Pc that hasn't been connected to the Moto X yet. Go to devices and printers: right click my computer -> Driver installations -> Never install using Windows Update. This should allow you to install your own driver which is the one stated in the thread, I'm in the process of finding a Windows XP computer or borrowing a computer from one of my friends, anyone care to try this, or confirm other methods to bypass this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread