Thumbs down No Love

OP UbuntuBrandon

11th August 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Augusta
Thanks Meter: 20

73 posts
More
The X doesn't get nearly the love it deserves. It's still a perfectly good device with plenty of untapped potential.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UbuntuBrandon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Viņa del Mar
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
So... what lead you to do that comment?
Last edited by jorgicio; 11th August 2014 at 05:15 AM.
11th August 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Augusta

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgicio

So... what lead you to do that comment?

Just a thought. No need to be snarky.
11th August 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag Viņa del Mar
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UbuntuBrandon

Just a thought. No need to be snarky.

Hey, I'm chilled out, I thought you had a problem with a Moto X, such as a brick or something what you expected but it did not happen D:
11th August 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Augusta

73 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgicio

Hey, I'm chilled out, I thought you had a problem with a Moto X, such as a brick or something what you expected but it did not happen D:

Just doesnt get as many people dev'ing for it as other flagships this year. yea its a little old now but still lol
11th August 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 140

243 posts
Quote:

Just doesnt get as many people dev'ing for it as other flagships this year. yea its a little old now but still lol

Cause there is no need to. If you switch away from stock, you lose everything, that is special about this phone. I am in love with active display.

Not sure why people crave for every next phone with EVEN MORE cpupower. Dualcore can do everything just fine and who cares if apps load 0,02sec faster o_0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasuris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 153

878 posts
Quote:

The X doesn't get nearly the love it deserves. It's still a perfectly good device with plenty of untapped potential.

this topic has been posted several times over, with the same results. people, in general, love the phone how it is. the only benefits you will receive are through xposed. ROMs are basically non-existent (compared to some devices) although there is a kernel being developed.

my opinion: root/unlock, xpose/hack, done. the phone doesn't need any "help".
11th August 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 852

3,140 posts
More
The OP is very correct. The Moto X did not receive nearly as much love as most other flagship phones. Now here is where the hate mail and complaining begins. Everyone says you don't need roms it breaks active display. WRONG run Eclipse or any other stock based rom it works fine. It is only broken on Aosp roms and they have their own active display so do some homework. And everyone feels like Xposed and gravity box is the best thing in the world. It hack and slashes your framework. I would prefer to have a dev hard code in the mods so it is much cleaner. But hey I am no dev so everyone will ignore this and continue saying the X does not need anything but stock and xposed and gravity. I am glad some are happy with that.
Last edited by Travisdroidx2; 11th August 2014 at 09:59 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Travisdroidx2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #9  
I'm with Travis. Stock (blur?) Based Roms are better than stock. I'm no fan of xposed either. Adding another framework to Android seems so... TouchPissy (twframework-res.apk anyone?).
The Following User Says Thank You to PiousInquisitor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 140

243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisdroidx2

The OP is very correct. The Moto X did not receive nearly as much love as most other flagship phones. Now here is where the hate mail and complaining begins. Everyone says you don't need roms it breaks active display. WRONG run Eclipse or any other stock based rom it works fine. It is only broken on Aosp roms and they have their own active display so do some homework. And everyone feels like Xposed and gravity box is the best thing in the world. It hack and slashes your framework. I would prefer to have a dev hard code in the mods so it is much cleaner. But hey I am no dev so everyone will ignore this and continue saying the X does not need anything but stock and xposed and gravity. I am glad some are happy with that.

Sure they have an app that works like active display but doesn't use the lowpower-chip that the stock app is using. So your juice will go out the window using it cause for it to work like active display, it has to monitor the sensors, preventing deep sleep.

What's the point in developing, if you can't use AOSP? I know there are stock-based roms, but I wouldn't call that developement. That are merely stripped stockroms with added apps and some tweaks. I like a good AOSP-rom as much as the next guy though. It's a pain to make it work like Slim does and I'd rather just install Slimkat but as I said, I'd hate to lose active display.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread