Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remove camera vibration

Tip us?

Pwnicorn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Remove camera vibration

If anyone does not want the vibration to occur when opening the camera with the wrist twist method, I found that it can be turned off by using the Xposed mod: (you need root) install AppOpsXposed then going to App Ops in setting, go to device, and turn off vibration rights on the camera app. No more vibration! I was also looking for a way to turn off vibration when unlocking in active display (though the 4.4 update made it a lot less intense) but I haven't found a way without just turning all vibration off. I have a love hate thing with haptic feedback. Anyway, hope this helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pwnicorn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fury683
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnicorn View Post
If anyone does not want the vibration to occur when opening the camera with the wrist twist method, I found that it can be turned off by using the Xposed mod: (you need root) install AppOpsXposed then going to App Ops in setting, go to device, and turn off vibration rights on the camera app. No more vibration! I was also looking for a way to turn off vibration when unlocking in active display (though the 4.4 update made it a lot less intense) but I haven't found a way without just turning all vibration off. I have a love hate thing with haptic feedback. Anyway, hope this helps someone.
You can probably do this without Xposed and just using App Ops (and/or App Ops X). I saw that camera had vibrate but didn't make the connection to the twist to launch gesture. I don't mind it because it tells me that it worked.
furyť™ - not helping the situation since 1987
Enable Moto X LED Charging Indicator (without Tasker)
Current: VZW MM Moto X, Woven Black, Black, Black; Nexus 7 (2013) | Previous: Droid Razr Maxx; Droid X; Nook Color (running CM)