Restore a Republic Wireless Moto X to Stock

OP davingreen

6th January 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Irrelevant to this guide, but may help others with similar issues.
I got my Moto X from Republic Wireless January 1st, 2014, and immediately rooted it with Cydia Impactor by Saurik and RockMyMoto in order to uninstall apps I didn't want. I had my phone setup how I like, and all was well.

After a disastrous accidental deletion of Google Play services, my rooted Republic Wireless Moto X became unusable. No apps would install, including GooglePlayServices.apk due to "Unknown error: -110" or -21". Upon different approaches to re-installing, including direct through adb,
  • terminal, forcing into the /system/app dir, erc, I encountered multiple conflicting errors:
  • Unknown error code during applicaiton install: "-110"
  • Unknown error code during applicaiton install: "-21"
  • Unknown error code during applicaiton install: "-24"
  • INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE
  • INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS

After a lot of troubleshooting, I decided that restoring to factory was the only solution. It turns out, that if you use the option to Encrypt your phone in addition to using PwnMyMoto, SlapMyMoto, or RockMyMoto, getting to the recovery menu is near impossible. RockMyMoto hijacks recovery from fastboot, and even uninstalling with a guide creates a hangup with the Encrypt password prompt. It's very frustrating...

tl;dr If you messed up your Republic Wireless Moto X trying to root, follow this guide to get back to factory settings.

http://theunlockr.com/2013/11/09/unr...-all-versions/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread