Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 52,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooting an nTelos Moto X

Tip us?

giggybyte
Old
(Last edited by giggybyte; 21st May 2014 at 01:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting an nTelos Moto X

I just got my Moto X. Much better than my really old Droid 3, gonna miss the slide-out keyboard though.

Like a dummy, I updated my phone to KitKat. (4.4.something) Thanks to nTelos being a pretty small carrier, nobody has a 4.2.2 file for me to flash back, therefore, I am stuck with an unrooted Moto X with no way to downgrade.

I'm pretty sure I'm a lost cause, but is there any way to root? I was considering flashing another carrier's sbf onto it, but then I risk bricking it.

Thanks for the help,
Giggybyte

edit: Read around the Moto X forums a bit. It's apparently not possible, and there's even a large bounty for whoever can figure it out. My bad, should've searched first.

HeroOfTime
Old
Thanks Meter 16
If your Moto X was built in 2014 this link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177) can give you information on who to contact to unlock the bootloader and thus open up the possibility for root. It'll run you $45, but if you are really committed to root, that's the only option with 4.4.2 (as well as any future version).
--This message will self destruct if not properly stored.

Moto X - Navy Blue with Silver Accents, Bootloader Unlocked, Rooted, Xposed (How do you like them apples, VZW?)