Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 40,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

U.S cellular Moto X root 4.4.2

Tip us?

afox27
Old
(Last edited by afox27; 12th June 2014 at 08:51 PM.) Reason: spelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Post U.S cellular Moto X root 4.4.2

this guide has been done by me i have a rooted moto x with 4.4.2 kitkat its just a regular phone from them its not a developer phone or a unlocked version

make sure you have usb debugging on an the drivers installed for the phone u can get them here
https://motorola-glo...tail/a_id/88481

1. unlock your bootloader at this link
https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-a

2. after you unlock it download an extract these to a folder then run the installer.bat file with your device connected to the computer follow the installer it will then reboot into the bootloader an flash twrp recovery
http://upload.teamuscellular.com/342

3. ( i then went to the backup menu of twrp an made a back up ) optional

3. after it is done with the backup goto the reboot menu an select reboot system

4 it will ask if you want to install Su (this is the root file) select yes

5. it will reboot then download root checker an see if it worked ( u may have to download a SUuser app from the market )
The Following User Says Thank You to afox27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by afox27 View Post
....its just a regular phone from them its not a developer phone or a unlocked version...
Thank you for the guide, but just to clarify.. There are no versions that SHIP with an unlocked bootloader. All phones ship with their bootloaders locked. The Developer Editions, and some carrier editions (like T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, Rogers Wireless, and others) can have their bootloaders unlocked by requesting the code from Moto's web site.

And even your Step 1 has you request the bootloader unlock code from Moto's web site and use it.

Just keep in mind, that completing the request process on Moto's web site voids your phone's warranty, unless you have a Developer Edition.

Once you get the code and unlock the bootloader, the Dev Edtion, Carrier Editions, Moto Maker Editions, all act the same... you can flash custom recovery, root, flash 3rd party roms, etc.

There are some carriers, like ATT, Verizon, Republic Wireless, where the carrier doesn't allow Moto to give out the unlock codes. (Exception being the Developer Edition for Verizon).
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

pratikworld
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afox27 View Post
this guide has been done by me i have a rooted moto x with 4.4.2 kitkat its just a regular phone from them its not a developer phone or a unlocked version

make sure you have usb debugging on an the drivers installed for the phone u can get them here
https://motorola-glo...tail/a_id/88481

1. unlock your bootloader at this link
https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-a

2. after you unlock it download an extract these to a folder then run the installer.bat file with your device connected to the computer follow the installer it will then reboot into the bootloader an flash twrp recovery
http://upload.teamuscellular.com/342

3. ( i then went to the backup menu of twrp an made a back up ) optional

3. after it is done with the backup goto the reboot menu an select reboot system

4 it will ask if you want to install Su (this is the root file) select yes

5. it will reboot then download root checker an see if it worked ( u may have to download a SUuser app from the market )
My device does not qualify for Bootloader unlock. I have a US Cellular moto x. But my Dashboard says as No Carrier XT1055. please help

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,636

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratikworld View Post
My device does not qualify for Bootloader unlock. I have a US Cellular moto x. But my Dashboard says as No Carrier XT1055. please help
It does qualify. All xt1055s qualify. The no carrier is normal.

You are either entering the unlock data wrong, or you need to try a different browser. You are using the USA moto unlock site, right?
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pratikworld
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Let me try again tomorrow and get back to you.

Sent from my XT1055 using XDA Free mobile app

pratikworld
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Let me try again tomorrow and get back to you.

Sent from my XT1055 using XDA Free mobile app
Worked like a charm. I had forgotten to take out spaces from my unlock data. Hence your device cannot be unlocked message.

Also your bat file didn't do anything. It always gave success and when I fastboooted and selected recovery, it always went into No Command mode.

I had to download mfastboot.exe and then it worked via cmd.

Thanks for the post anyways. It made me finally jump in and root my phone.

afox27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Worked like a charm. I had forgotten to take out spaces from my unlock data. Hence your device cannot be unlocked message.

Also your bat file didn't do anything. It always gave success and when I fastboooted and selected recovery, it always went into No Command mode.

I had to download mfastboot.exe and then it worked via cmd.

Thanks for the post anyways. It made me finally jump in and root my phone.
Sry about the no help been busy an forgot I posted this

Tags
moto x 4.4.2 root guide, moto x root, root guide, u.s.cellular moto x