Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile 4.4.2 out! (At least for me)

Tip us?

antonyhan04
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
My phone doesn't feel different...but it's 0.0.2 more. So it must be better..../sarcasm

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to antonyhan04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

balleron24z
Old
Thanks Meter 6
While I can agree with this partially, if AT&T and Verizon didn't junk up the firmware and change stuff that didn't need to be changed, then we wouldn't really have a legit reason to root the phone. Dev Editions are for people who want exposed modules and all that jazz, and I feel like Moto should've made a MM phone that was Dev Edition, but can't have your cake and eat it too. Again, if AT&T and Verizon used the same firmware as T-Mobile did, then I'm sure a LOT more people, including myself, would be happy and not need root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
At&t and Verizon will be the last group to receive the ota
You can thank the folks who hacked root access on those 2 carriers , do you really think the folks at moto do not visit xda , these forums are the best way for manufactures to get opinions, consumers dislikes and likes and probably the best place to get ideas to improve they're operating systems
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

Cubfan99
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I'm happy the USB OTG is back and the phone feels snappier. Battery life (for me) is noticeably better after a significant decline with 4.4. Good that they fixed all the bluetooth volume issues I was having with my headset (basically one volume on the LG Tone+ and when connected to the car, voice notifications came into the phone and not out of the car speakers). Also looks like some notifications have had some tweaks, such as picture auto-backup now shows a thumbnail of some of the images that were backed up. It's a REALLY good update for me.

Only thing that bugs me so far is that when you remove the USB storage, you get a notification that stays there until the next reboot.

RenSoAbrupt
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I already had great battery life. But it seems to have gotten slightly better. Not marginal, but it was enough for me to notice. Basically getting a bit more out of a 100% charge.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk