Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Theft proofing your phone!

OP mufakir

25th July 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 24

153 posts
More
carry AK47 in front seat of car, problem solved!
26th July 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 470

1,657 posts
More
Turn in android device manager with location reporting. It will track your phone down for you.
26th July 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury683

I guess I'd add that another step no matter what theft prevention you have, is to make a backup. Once you find that great balance of perfect apps and configurations, take screen shots of your app drawer at the very least so you know what apps you had installed. Take screenshots of your home screen so you know what icons you had where for that instinctive muscle memory of unlocking and tapping email in the lower right without really looking or thinking about it.

I've never had a phone stolen, but I've bricked and wiped enough times to know that backups are important even if your phone doesn't get stolen.

yea, but it's such painstaking work man. gonna do that today.
26th July 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawells787

1. Sucks that people just walk up to cars and steal while you're in the car. But like you said windows and doors locked will help.

2. Sucks that people steal. But assholes work everywhere. But never leave your personal property unattended.

3. Keep your wallet and phone in front pockets its harder to pick pocket. Or wear pants that are not too baggy so that pick pockets cant easily get their hands in.

I'm not sure how crime is in Pakistan but it sounds worse than here in the states. But even if you can track someone, remember its not worth getting seriously hurt or worse over property.

Well, all I know about crime in the States is what I see in tv shows, but yea, it's everywhere. crime and criminals that is.
26th July 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #15  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,098

10,188 posts
More
I prefer keeping my phone by my side at all times....to battery sucking theft solutions.

But to each their own!!

Good info here for sure! 👍
26th July 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #16  
Flag Ciudad de México
Thanks Meter: 21

116 posts
More
In my opinion it's better to leave the phone without a pin because, if i were an average theft who doesn't know that much about phones, I'd just remove the accounts, the Sim card and apps. Maybe I would do a factory reset and with that I'd be happy so cerberus would survive.

Also I'd recommend you to hide cerberus from the drawer and make it only available from the dialer.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Free mobile app
28th July 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 54

23 posts
Does holding the power button for 8 seconds still turn off the device with the gravity box module disabling power? if someone could force the phone off then turning it off from the lock screen is the least of their worries.
28th July 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 70

272 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treyf711

Does holding the power button for 8 seconds still turn off the device with the gravity box module disabling power? if someone could force the phone off then turning it off from the lock screen is the least of their worries.

I thought that just rebooted, similar to holding POWER and VOL DOWN for a while to simulate a battery pull on Moto devices.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
antitheft
Previous Thread Next Thread