5,605,438 Members 44,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchless Control within Cyanogenmod?

Tip us?

trevorftard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Touchless Control within Cyanogenmod?

I just ordered my Moto X Dev Edition during the Cyber Monday madness sale. I can honestly say that this will be the only phone I could enjoy on stock firmware, but I was wanting to use Cyanogenmod on it just because it features WAY more convenient toggles and controls. I would hate to miss out on Active Display and Touchless Controls. My question is: has anyone tried going into the Play Store and instaling the Touchless Control apk on a custom ROM? Does it work? I know it's entirely based on it's "always listening" chip, and not software, but I'm worried Motorola might be restricting that feature to stock firmware.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftard View Post
I just ordered my Moto X Dev Edition during the Cyber Monday madness sale. I can honestly say that this will be the only phone I could enjoy on stock firmware, but I was wanting to use Cyanogenmod on it just because it features WAY more convenient toggles and controls. I would hate to miss out on Active Display and Touchless Controls. My question is: has anyone tried going into the Play Store and instaling the Touchless Control apk on a custom ROM? Does it work? I know it's entirely based on it's "always listening" chip, and not software, but I'm worried Motorola might be restricting that feature to stock firmware.
Cyanogenmod has some sound issues, specifically the head phone jack does not work, dialer only works as a speaker phone. The stock ROM with xposed frameworks functions better than any cm 10.2 or 11 or any custom ROM. You get all the customization available with almost any custom ROM but with all the perks that the stock ROM gives, touch less control and active notifications

Sent on my Moto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trevorftard
Old
(Last edited by trevorftard; 5th December 2013 at 02:10 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Cyanogenmod has some sound issues, specifically the head phone jack does not work, dialer only works as a speaker phone. The stock ROM with xposed frameworks functions better than any cm 10.2 or 11 or any custom ROM. You get all the customization available with almost any custom ROM but with all the perks that the stock ROM gives, touch less control and active notifications

Sent on my Moto X
People say that, but I've never seen Xposed mods that offer the convenient toggles and status bar brightness slider that CM offers. That, and I can't find anything better than the native theming. Any suggestions?

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
People say that, but I've never seen exposed mods that offer the convenient toggles and status bar brightness slider that CM offers. That, and I can't find anything better than the native theming. Any suggestions?
Gravity box has the brightness slider, toggles, center clock mods, battery mods, volume steps, power menu and more

Sent on my Moto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trevorftard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Gravity box has the brightness slider, toggles, center clock mods, battery mods, volume steps, power menu and more

Sent on my Moto X
Thank you. What about theming? I'm addicted to the HoloGlass theme.

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Thank you. What about theming? I'm addicted to the HoloGlass theme.
Xtheme another module for xposed but you need to use themes that are ported or developed for xtheme engine

Sent on my Moto X
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
control, cyanogenmod, moto x, rom, touchless