Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

Touchless Control Doesn't Work in Crowded Environment

OP Wutang200

29th April 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 51

337 posts
How does Touchless Control work for you guys when you're around a few other people who are chatting in the background?

I was trying to show it off to my cousin who owns a Note II but looked like an idiot talking to my phone lol. No music or TV was playing, just about 5 others chatting in the background in the same room as me.

Is there a way to re-learn it to pick my voice up better in crowded environments?
29th April 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 309

1,480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutang200

How does Touchless Control work for you guys when you're around a few other people who are chatting in the background?

I was trying to show it off to my cousin who owns a Note II but looked like an idiot talking to my phone lol. No music or TV was playing, just about 5 others chatting in the background in the same room as me.

Is there a way to re-learn it to pick my voice up better in crowded environments?

In a closet or a small space. Mine goes off a lot even when I don't say OK Google now. In a place with a lot of noise.

MOTO X
29th April 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

337 posts
I'll try and re-learn it in a very quiet environment but speak quite loud to see if that makes a difference.

Normally I only ever use it when I'm by myself to get things done but it would be nice to show it's prowess in front of others.
29th April 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #4  

1,480 posts
More
Quote:

I'll try and re-learn it in a very quiet environment but speak quite loud to see if that makes a difference.

Normally I only ever use it when I'm by myself to get things done but it would be nice to show it's prowess in front of others.

Yeah I only really use it by myself also its great especially when your driving all the time. My phone goes off but in a pretty loud environment its a little useless you have to scream at it.

MOTO X
29th April 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #5  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 538

1,124 posts
More
Quote:

looked like an idiot talking to my phone

Yeah I rarely even try it when I'm alone. It doesn't work well enough to not feel like an idiot. Maybe in a few years.

(queue "mine works perfectly, yours must be broken")
29th April 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

122 posts
More
I've had trouble with it working with my motorcycle helmet setup. Pretty much only works if I'm stopped
The Following User Says Thank You to ssoares01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

337 posts
I use mine often in the car too. I just place it in one of those windscreen phone holders then ask it whatever I need to. Sometimes, after around 50mph, it struggles to hear me due to the in cabin road noise. This is on a 2005 Ford Mondeo. Don't think I'd bother setting it up in my Nissan Silvia Spec R lol.
30th April 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #8  

1,480 posts
More
Quote:

I use mine often in the car too. I just place it in one of those windscreen phone holders then ask it whatever I need to. Sometimes, after around 50mph, it struggles to hear me due to the in cabin road noise. This is on a 2005 Ford Mondeo. Don't think I'd bother setting it up in my Nissan Silvia Spec R lol.

Lucky. Here in the states we get the 240sx....

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th April 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

337 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com

Lucky. Here in the states we get the 240sx....

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Haha that's the one with the 2.4 litre KA24 engine. We don't get them up here.

Most of ours come with the SR20DET engine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread