No registration required

[VIDEOS] Moto X How to Root, recovery, roms, and much more

OP Tomsgt

6th April 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 38

437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgt

Check the twrp recovery install video it should have the root in it. Once the bootloader is unlocked just install twrp then flash supersu.zip in recovery to get root. It's pretty easy.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 running HyperDrive.

'Thanks. Where's the superSU file?
The Following User Says Thank You to x2h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag IL.
Thanks Meter: 1,802

2,044 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2h

'Thanks. Where's the superSU file?

You can get it at rootjunksdl.com or of xda if you Google supersu.zip you will see it.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 running HyperDrive.
14th April 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #13  
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 0

47 posts
More
So what if you want to move from 4.4 to 4.4.2 from an ATT, rooted, non Dev, non custom recovery moto x? I was under the impression using this boot loader unlock method only worked for Dev editions..

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 956

2,271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameLessThugZero

So what if you want to move from 4.4 to 4.4.2 from an ATT, rooted, non Dev, non custom recovery moto x? I was under the impression using this boot loader unlock method only worked for Dev editions..

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You are correct. Bootloader unlock method only works for Dev Editions, and phones from T-Mobile, Sprint and other carriers where Moto gives out bootloader unlock codes. If you have an ATT or Verizon retail or Moto Maker X, and were not lucky enough to buy an unlock code from the Chinese seller (before it got shut down), you can not unlock your bootloader and use TWRP to root.

If you have a LOCKED (and not unlockable) bootloader, like ATT/Verizon, and you are on rooted 4.4 using SlapMyMoto and disabled write protection by using MotoWpNoMo, taking the 4.4.2 OTA update will revert the effects of MotoWpNoMo, patch the exploit used, and write protection will become re-enabled. You will likely keep root, but with write protection enabled, any changes you make to /system or the other protected folders will be lost at power off/on, making root less useful. Since 4.4.2 also patches the exploit used to gain root, if you hadn't rooted before taking 4.4.2, you wont be able to root it once its on your phone.

HOWEVER... If you are rooted & write protection disabled with 4.4, you could consider using SafeStrap with 4.4.2. I don't know how well it works (I have a Dev Edition, so I haven't tried it), but it is an option for using 4.4.2
13th August 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #15  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag IL.
Thanks Meter: 1,802

2,044 posts
Donate to Me
More
Bump for noobs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread