Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 50,786 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VZW XT1060 - No longer able to save APNs on KK

Tip us?

Jason.DROID
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default VZW XT1060 - No longer able to save APNs on KK

This is no good. I popped in my T-Mobile SIM into my Verizon Moto X, and while the option to add an APN is there, it will NOT save. This happened after the KitKat update as on JB, I could manually add APNs and use T-Mo's service.

Disappointed. Any way to get around this?

okaban
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason.DROID View Post
This is no good. I popped in my T-Mobile SIM into my Verizon Moto X, and while the option to add an APN is there, it will NOT save. This happened after the KitKat update as on JB, I could manually add APNs and use T-Mo's service.

Disappointed. Any way to get around this?
Had the same issue on my ATT XT1058 - hard reset it and the problem was gone (just in case - power off, hold Vol- and Power buttons for few seconds, then choose Factory (with Vol-) and select (with Vol+))

Jason.DROID
Old
(Last edited by Jason.DROID; 31st January 2014 at 02:38 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Still no dice. Nothing saves. That means no MMS support and VERY limited data speeds.

Bummer.

EDIT: Here's what happens without an APN setup

Jason.DROID
Old
(Last edited by Jason.DROID; 31st January 2014 at 03:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Fixed it.

You can't leave MVNO type at 'None.' I selected IMSI, and the default value. Finally added the APN for T-Mobile. I might have to play with it a little more. I then put the MVNO back to None. Sometimes it'll take the APN out though, so I went back into the edit APN screen and saved it again while it was reconnecting to the HSPA+ network. Ugh. For now, it's staying put, but it might disappear.

Jason.DROID
Old
(Last edited by Jason.DROID; 2nd February 2014 at 02:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Hmm, my data is still gimped with the APN setup. It's like there's something in the system preventing it from connecting at full speed.

Voice, SMS, and MMS work flawlessly though.

By gimped I mean my download speed is 0.05Mbps and upload is 1.0Mbps. It's like it's capped on my end. At one point I did get 0.5Mbps, but I know HSPA+ is capable of so much more.

So, Verizon may not SIM lock phones, but they're doing something to limit data.

I have the VZW APN permissions app and VZWAPNService disabled too.