Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi bar on battery screen.

Tip us?

jhego
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wifi bar on battery screen.

My battery is not draining however i'm annoyed how the wifi bar is showing on the battery status (picture attached). Doesn't that indicate that wifi is on (even though I have it off the entire time)? Is this a bug of some sort? I just want it accurately show the correct information. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-09-19-09-29.png
Views:	216
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	2570084  
ATT S3 (waiting for S5)

phositadc
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhego View Post
My battery is not draining however i'm annoyed how the wifi bar is showing on the battery status (picture attached). Doesn't that indicate that wifi is on (even though I have it off the entire time)? Is this a bug of some sort? I just want it accurately show the correct information. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Settings, WiFi, advanced. Uncheck scanning always available.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1392002424474.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	2570090

Sent from my XT1053
The Following User Says Thank You to phositadc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhego
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you!!! just curious, what is the purpose of it?
ATT S3 (waiting for S5)

dsh210
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wifi Scanning

Quote:
Thank you!!! just curious, what is the purpose of it?
It allows your phone to get a location without using the more power hungry GPS for things like Google Now. Depending on your use, it could save you some battery to leave this on.

jhego
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh210 View Post
It allows your phone to get a location without using the more power hungry GPS for things like Google Now. Depending on your use, it could save you some battery to leave this on.
Thank you so much for that.

One more thing, i also noticed that the "Awake" bar is constantly on, is that also normal?
ATT S3 (waiting for S5)

Hikikomori-Otaku
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Thank you so much for that.

One more thing, i also noticed that the "Awake" bar is constantly on, is that also normal?
The "awake" bar indicates that the phone is processing something, so a bar that long is not normal. From my experience, it should almost match your "Screen On" bar. I can post a picture of my battery bar if you'd like.
If my username is too difficult to say, just call me Kiri (^^)
The Following User Says Thank You to Hikikomori-Otaku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jhego
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks ^^^ I unchecked and checked both the motorola touchless and active display and it started to respond to the screen timeout.
ATT S3 (waiting for S5)