Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wood Backs

Tip us?

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wood Backs

How scratch resistant are the wood backs? Do they hold up well in day to day use? Obviously, if you design something like that you don't want to cover it up with a case

spencer88
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
How scratch resistant are the wood backs? Do they hold up well in day to day use? Obviously, if you design something like that you don't want to cover it up with a case
I'm curious too as I need to use my code today and I was debating a wood back.
If you sign up for Copy, we both get more space! Sign up here https://copy.com?r=iffgs6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMFGO45 View Post
Wow. I would ask if you have ever heard of the internet, but clearly you are using it.

Solutions Etcetera
Old
Thanks Meter 155
I can only speak for the ebony (not real ebony, just as with the teak and walnut). They feel almost like paper, and they scuff quite easily. Mine had some light marks right out of the box, which I think was from the original inside top of the box rubbing against the phone.

I was disappointed enough to send it back and stick with my woven black back.

Bamboo may be better as it is actually bamboo. Don't know what they're doing with the other finishes, but the ebony one was lousy.

Hikikomori-Otaku
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I've only had my Moto X for a few days but I've not noticed any visible scratches/scuffs on my bamboo back. I don't have a case yet and I'm thinking I don't need one. Might just go with a bumper and screen protector to show off my bamboo back.
If my username is too difficult to say, just call me Kiri (^^)

FuturePrimitive
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I just received my Bamboo backed X on Saturday and put a (clear) case on it the next day. I didn't really want to put it in a case, I've always preferred neked. But after my GNex (and OG Droid and Bionic) I've proven that I'm not to be trusted with keeping a phone looking pristine. Anyway, I'm more concerned with scratching the plastic than the wood. I would think some scratching/wear on the wood might actually add character more than anything. Excepting of course deep gouges or peeling. This may not apply to the other wood backs though due to it being a finish and not the actual wood, scratches on those might expose the base wood too much and look odd.

crohit911
Old
Thanks Meter 97

DONATE TO ME
Wood backs are better than glass this thing is a fingerprint magnet :banghead:

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app
You start something pure, something exciting then come the mistakes, the compromises. We create our own demons.

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when someone helps you. That little labor you do, shall make their day and more eager to help you next time.
Help and be helped.
P. S. - Don't forget to hit thanks (y)

ctowne
Old
Thanks Meter 701
I have the bamboo and it's been great, granted I baby my phones..

Sent from my bamboo Moto X
Nexus 4 Limbo Level 3 Survivor