Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 40,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XT1053] 4.4.3 OTA Update Zip

Tip us?

aean27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBBGBA View Post
That waste of energy is why I went back to 4.4.2 with a double flash like you said.

Sadly I don't see many people raising flags for the battery.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

According to this thread Nextel Mexico Moto X (XT1053) Help!!! yes you can. (I'm assuming you also bought it from Nextel)

Thanks to your post I found out why my developer version (xt1053) has slower internet on iusacell (which usually sells xt1058).

Here's a link to the moto X firmwares just scroll down to Blur_Version.212.44.21.ghost_row.Retail.en.US
Thanks got it running on 4.4.3 will do the same when android L comes out!

aceluiis
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by omias View Post
Im not using RSD, Im using manual method:

fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
Hello, I had the same question as you, tmobile 4.4.3 - Brazil 4.4.2, then to 4.4.3 OTA, but I resolved, not just flash gpt.bin from rsd lite or commands, you can make all but if you plan to update the time, do not put the gpt.bin. that easy, I just did and everything works perfect.

sorry for my bad English.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceluiis View Post
Hello, I had the same question as you, tmobile 4.4.3 - Brazil 4.4.2, then to 4.4.3 OTA, but I resolved, not just flash gpt.bin from rsd lite or commands, you can make all but if you plan to update the time, do not put the gpt.bin. that easy, I just did and everything works perfect.

sorry for my bad English.
Just be careful. I would not consider accepting any future OTA's in this state (mix of parts from 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 on your phone). When 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 comes out for your carrier, I wold suggest flashing back to 4.4.2 using the full SBF (to bring all parts to the same version) before taking the update.

Also keep in mind that we've seen intermittent, and strange issues when people ran miss-matched parts in the past.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

aceluiis
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Just be careful. I would not consider accepting any future OTA's in this state (mix of parts from 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 on your phone). When 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 comes out for your carrier, I wold suggest flashing back to 4.4.2 using the full SBF (to bring all parts to the same version) before taking the update.

Also keep in mind that we've seen intermittent, and strange issues when people ran miss-matched parts in the past.

when the new version 4.4.4 of Brazil comes out, will update via rsd lite full version. ota will not to have a full version. in that case, there would be no problem. I do not really like the OTAs. I prefer the full version.

MaKTaiL
Old
Thanks Meter 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceluiis View Post
when the new version 4.4.4 of Brazil comes out, will update via rsd lite full version. ota will not to have a full version. in that case, there would be no problem. I do not really like the OTAs. I prefer the full version.
SBF seems to have ignored the brazilian variant and has not released the full 4.4.3 yet.
It has been almost a month now. I've stopped waiting and decided to accept the OTA. My device remained rooted after the process. You should do the same.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL View Post
SBF seems to have ignored the brazilian variant and has not released the full 4.4.3 yet.
It has been almost a month now. I've stopped waiting...
You do realize that sbf.droid-developers.org/ is NOT Motorola run, sponsored or supported, right?

And they don't create them. When they FIND a copy of the SBF, they post it. If it hasn't somehow leaked out of Moto yet, they don't have it to post.

So THEY Haven't ignored the Brazilian variant. They just haven't found a copy of it yet.

But you are correct, there is no telling how long it can take for them to get their hands on a particular SBF file.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

asdef5o
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I already accepted the OTA 4.4.3 Update, is there anyway I can get root still or am I stuck without it?

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdef5o View Post
So I already accepted the OTA 4.4.3 Update, is there anyway I can get root still or am I stuck without it?
Are you able to unlock your bootloader? If Yes, then you can root and disable write protection.

If no... then you can't root using PIE as the vulnerability exploited by PIE has been patched.

Or you can TRY to flash back to 4.4.2 and root using PIE. From what I understand the bootloader and GPT.bin in 4.4.3 is the same as 4.4.2.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asdef5o
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Are you able to unlock your bootloader? If Yes, then you can root and disable write protection.

If no... then you can't root using PIE as the vulnerability exploited by PIE has been patched.

Or you can TRY to flash back to 4.4.2 and root using PIE. From what I understand the bootloader and GPT.bin in 4.4.3 is the same as 4.4.2.
I'm not sure if I can, I'm going to try unlocking my bootloader as soon as I get home from work, I just got this phone and hadn't even thought of rooting till after I had updated it.

I'll come back here with what happens to verify if it's possible or not from 4.4.3

Sammu325
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey, I'm from India and am using XT1052 and even we haven't received an update for 4.4.3 yet.
So can I use your update? I haven't rooted my phone yet.
If I can use your update can you tell me how to?

Thanks in advance😀
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-03-09-46-58.png
Views:	89
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	2829742  

Tags
android 4.4.3, moto x, motorola, ota, updates