Yahoo Mail - Could Not Sign In (FIX)
I was having issues with my Moto X alerting me that it could not sign in to my Yahoo account. However, when I would go into the app, it would function correctly without me logging back in or taking any action. But, the notifications were annoying as it was happening at least once per day.
Anyway, I played around with the account settings and was able to remedy the issue, or so I believe. The fix is pretty darn easy...
- Go into either the mail app itself or go into system settings, click on the Email account, then account settings
- Click on your email address firstname.lastname@example.org
to adjust those preferences
- Scroll all the way down and click on Incoming Settings, under the Server heading it should read: Android.imap.yahoo.com
- Remove the "Android." piece of the phrase, so it should now read: imap.yahoo.com
- Click Done
- Repeat these steps under the Outgoing Settings as well and your issue should be resolved
Let me know if this works for you, or if you continue to have issues, thanks.