Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 45,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.2.2 to 4.4.4

Tip us?

Mickoou
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] 4.2.2 to 4.4.4

Just got my new Moto x verizon dev after loosing my other one. Its on 4.2.2 & im thinking of staying there till 4.4.4 comes out.
Will it update directly to 4.4.4 from 4.2.2?.
I assume ill be able to root it when it recieves 4.4.4
Thanks

samwathegreat
Old
(Last edited by samwathegreat; 8th July 2014 at 01:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,637

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickoou View Post
Just got my new Moto x verizon dev after loosing my other one. Its on 4.2.2 & im thinking of staying there till 4.4.4 comes out.
Will it update directly to 4.4.4 from 4.2.2?.
I assume ill be able to root it when it recieves 4.4.4
Thanks
No, it will not update directly. All OTAs are "incremental updates"..... e.g. you must be on 4.2.2 to accept the "camera update", you must have the "camera update" to take the OTA to 4.4, and you must be on 4.4 to take the OTA to 4.4.2, etc.

If you want to go straight to 4.4.4, it is possible, but only when the ENTIRE stock SBF is made available. When it is available, you will find it here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0

You will follow the instructions in the "Return to Stock" thread to flash an entire stock SBF file.

As long as your bootloader is unlocked, you should have no issues rooting once on 4.4.4 (whenever it gets released).

Good Luck

Also note that unlike OTAs, SBFing will erase ALL of your data (equivalent of a factory reset).
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]