Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.2.2 VZW Moto X

Tip us?

Zombieincdev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4.2.2 VZW Moto X

Just picked it up have root and WiFi tethering through xposed. What next? I'm doubting theres a possibility of the boot loader being unlocked.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Possible bootloader unlock (currently for 2014 models?) -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

otherwise, if you can't unlock, do not upgrade past 4.4. i.e. do NOT take 4.4.2 if you want to stay rooted with write protection disabled.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zombieincdev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Possible bootloader unlock (currently for 2014 models?) -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

otherwise, if you can't unlock, do not upgrade past 4.4. i.e. do NOT take 4.4.2 if you want to stay rooted with write protection disabled.
If I boot to the rw protection off with locked boot loader I still can't flash a custom recovery without having to use safestrap correct?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieincdev View Post
If I boot to the rw protection off with locked boot loader I still can't flash a custom recovery without having to use safestrap correct?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
With a locked bootloader you can not flash 3rd party parts like recovery or roms.

Yes, rooted and using safe strap you can somewhat get around this. I believe you can flash a custom recovery in safe straped rom. But I'm not 100% sure as I have an unlocked bootloader and don't use safe strap.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]