4.2.2 VZW Moto X

OP Zombieincdev

21st May 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Just picked it up have root and WiFi tethering through xposed. What next? I'm doubting theres a possibility of the boot loader being unlocked.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 837

2,061 posts
More
Possible bootloader unlock (currently for 2014 models?) -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

otherwise, if you can't unlock, do not upgrade past 4.4. i.e. do NOT take 4.4.2 if you want to stay rooted with write protection disabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

Possible bootloader unlock (currently for 2014 models?) -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...leman-t2751177

otherwise, if you can't unlock, do not upgrade past 4.4. i.e. do NOT take 4.4.2 if you want to stay rooted with write protection disabled.

If I boot to the rw protection off with locked boot loader I still can't flash a custom recovery without having to use safestrap correct?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #4  
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 837

2,061 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieincdev

If I boot to the rw protection off with locked boot loader I still can't flash a custom recovery without having to use safestrap correct?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

With a locked bootloader you can not flash 3rd party parts like recovery or roms.

Yes, rooted and using safe strap you can somewhat get around this. I believe you can flash a custom recovery in safe straped rom. But I'm not 100% sure as I have an unlocked bootloader and don't use safe strap.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread