Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will the 4.4.2 bootloader work with the stock 4.4 recovery?

Tip us?
 
Cozume
Old
#1  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Will the 4.4.2 bootloader work with the stock 4.4 recovery?

I think the answer is no, but I wanted to confirm that.
 
eksasol
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 688
Posts: 2,728
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozume View Post
I think the answer is no, but I wanted to confirm that.
It work for my T-Mobile version.

sent via Le Motonovo X
The Following User Says Thank You to eksasol For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Cozume
Old
#3  
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 423
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
It work for my T-Mobile version.
Interesting, thanks!
 
GrillMouster
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 126
Join Date: Dec 2010
It looks like the stock recovery in 4.4.2 is identical to the one in 4.4. I flashed the stock recovery img from the 4.4 SBF that I got directly from Motorola. I wrote down the version number showing when I booted into stock recovery. Then I installed the 4.4.2 OTA update, rebooted the phone and went back into stock recovery and the version number was the same as it was when I was on 4.4.
 
LastSilmaril
Old
(Last edited by LastSilmaril; 24th February 2014 at 07:37 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 175
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kings County, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillMouster View Post
It looks like the stock recovery in 4.4.2 is identical to the one in 4.4. I flashed the stock recovery img from the 4.4 SBF that I got directly from Motorola. I wrote down the version number showing when I booted into stock recovery. Then I installed the 4.4.2 OTA update, rebooted the phone and went back into stock recovery and the version number was the same as it was when I was on 4.4.
I'm trying to figure out how one actually flashes the stock recovery so that I can complete the update to 4.4.2. You're saying just extract the img from the official firmware zip and then flash it over in 'download' mode or something, right?

ED: Figured it out but thanks anyway!
Phones: VZW Moto X Dev Edition | VZW GS III, CleanROM 7 (ret) | VZW dInc, CM7 (ret)
Tablets: Nook Simple Touch, manual root (stolen!) | Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, GlowNooted (sold) | HP TouchPad 32GB, WebOS/CM11
 
GloryUprising
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastSilmaril View Post
I'm trying to figure out how one actually flashes the stock recovery so that I can complete the update to 4.4.2. You're saying just extract the img from the official firmware zip and then flash it over in 'download' mode or something, right?

ED: Figured it out but thanks anyway!
Can you post the steps on how your figured it out?? Thanks!
 
dray_jr
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 535
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Myers,FL
im not sure what u are trying to do are you trying to update to 4.4.2

if so find the SBF package and install it with RSD Lite

or find the OTA .zip and install it via stock recovery and it will update.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more