Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Still no 4.4.2 images to flash?

Tip us?
 
@rbiter
Old
#1  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 4,056
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Still no 4.4.2 images to flash?

Or am I missing something? I would've figured they'd be out by now. Do not want custom rom or kernel. Just stock rom and no .2 bootloader.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.
 
danger2u
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 424
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Or am I missing something? I would've figured they'd be out by now. Do not want custom rom or kernel. Just stock rom and no .2 bootloader.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.
can u be more clear??
what rom u need ?
which firmware or carrier?
 
@rbiter
Old
#3  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 4,056
Join Date: Dec 2011
Stock. Xt1053 unlocked gsm edition.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.
 
KidJoe
Old
#4  
KidJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 654
Posts: 1,742
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Stock. Xt1053 unlocked gsm edition.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.
Unlocked GSM Edition XT1053 uses the T-Mobile US "retail" rom which is also the same as the GSM Developer Edition... The SBF has been available for some time from -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 and is available via direct request from Moto -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ecovery-images

If you're looking for a 3rd party rom, that is a different matter. I haven't paid attention to them
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Sign up for Dropbox -> HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
The Tallest
Old
#5  
The Tallest's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 139
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Unlocked GSM Edition XT1053 uses the T-Mobile US "retail" rom which is also the same as the GSM Developer Edition... The SBF has been available for some time from -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 and is available via direct request from Moto -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ecovery-images

If you're looking for a 3rd party rom, that is a different matter. I haven't paid attention to them
So reading through the Motorola site it also instructs uo relock your bootloader. Is that step actually necessary? I'm trying to gather as much information for when I have to put both my wife's and my Moto X Dev Editions back to stock for the next OTA.
 
KidJoe
Old
#6  
KidJoe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 654
Posts: 1,742
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tallest View Post
So reading through the Motorola site it also instructs uo relock your bootloader. Is that step actually necessary? I'm trying to gather as much information for when I have to put both my wife's and my Moto X Dev Editions back to stock for the next OTA.
No. You do not need to relock. And you can use RSDLite to flash it rather that mFastboot if you want.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

Sign up for Dropbox -> HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
The Tallest
Old
#7  
The Tallest's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 139
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
No. You do not need to relock. And you can use RSDLite to flash it rather that mFastboot if you want.
That's awesome, definitely saves a step in re-rooting after the next OTA. I've never had to deal with rolling back to stock to take an update mainly because I've been running CM for so long. Didn't bother putting a ROM on the Moto X because its very clean already. Just rooted to lose all of Verizon's junk apps.

Now to read up on RSDLite.
 
@rbiter
Old
#8  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 957
Posts: 4,056
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
No. You do not need to relock. And you can use RSDLite to flash it rather that mFastboot if you want.
Can I just fastboot/mfastboot boot and system images? I don't need or want the bootloader and want to keep my recovery.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more

Modernize Your Emails with Email Popup

SMS andHangouts messages likely won’t ever replace traditional Emails for more formal … more

Change Your Toast Notification Style with XToast

Android uses multipletypes of notifications. One of these isknown as a toast notification. … more

Port Sony Xperia Themes to CyanogenMod 11 with Ease

In addition the obvious proficiency with graphics, creating agood Android theme … more