Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 50,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Still no 4.4.2 images to flash?

Tip us?

@rbiter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 956
Default Still no 4.4.2 images to flash?

Or am I missing something? I would've figured they'd be out by now. Do not want custom rom or kernel. Just stock rom and no .2 bootloader.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.

danger2u
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Or am I missing something? I would've figured they'd be out by now. Do not want custom rom or kernel. Just stock rom and no .2 bootloader.

can u be more clear??
what rom u need ?
which firmware or carrier?

@rbiter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 956
Stock. Xt1053 unlocked gsm edition.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Stock. Xt1053 unlocked gsm edition.

Unlocked GSM Edition XT1053 uses the T-Mobile US "retail" rom which is also the same as the GSM Developer Edition... The SBF has been available for some time from -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 and is available via direct request from Moto -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ecovery-images

If you're looking for a 3rd party rom, that is a different matter. I haven't paid attention to them
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Tallest
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe View Post
Unlocked GSM Edition XT1053 uses the T-Mobile US "retail" rom which is also the same as the GSM Developer Edition... The SBF has been available for some time from -> http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 and is available via direct request from Moto -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ecovery-images

If you're looking for a 3rd party rom, that is a different matter. I haven't paid attention to them
So reading through the Motorola site it also instructs uo relock your bootloader. Is that step actually necessary? I'm trying to gather as much information for when I have to put both my wife's and my Moto X Dev Editions back to stock for the next OTA.

KidJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tallest View Post
So reading through the Motorola site it also instructs uo relock your bootloader. Is that step actually necessary? I'm trying to gather as much information for when I have to put both my wife's and my Moto X Dev Editions back to stock for the next OTA.
No. You do not need to relock. And you can use RSDLite to flash it rather that mFastboot if you want.
aka Mark_Venture

My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Tallest
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
No. You do not need to relock. And you can use RSDLite to flash it rather that mFastboot if you want.
That's awesome, definitely saves a step in re-rooting after the next OTA. I've never had to deal with rolling back to stock to take an update mainly because I've been running CM for so long. Didn't bother putting a ROM on the Moto X because its very clean already. Just rooted to lose all of Verizon's junk apps.

Now to read up on RSDLite.

@rbiter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 956
Quote:
Can I just fastboot/mfastboot boot and system images? I don't need or want the bootloader and want to keep my recovery.