XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 root?

Tip us?

Demorthus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 4.4.2 root?

I definetly don't want to brick my Moto X, but which thread has a root method that still works on 4.4.2? From ALL that I've searched I can only find root methods that involve just the 4.4 update and don't mention anything about working for 4.4.2... I'm trying to find a root method that doesn't involve flashing a custom recovery.
- -+ Owner Of +- -
-HTC One (M8) Developer Edition (& 128GB Micro SDXC)-
-Customized Moto X-
-LG G Pad 8.3-

campzalot
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demorthus View Post
I definetly don't want to brick my Moto X, but which thread has a root method that still works on 4.4.2? From ALL that I've searched I can only find root methods that involve just the 4.4 update and don't mention anything about working for 4.4.2... I'm trying to find a root method that doesn't involve flashing a custom recovery.
You mean 4.2.2? Because the Moto X doesn't have 4.4.2 yet (and might never get it).
What version of the phone do you have? If you want to root without flashing a custom recovery, try SlapMyMoto. It's in Moto X Android Development.

sortu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default :# Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by campzalot View Post
You mean 4.2.2? Because the Moto X doesn't have 4.4.2 yet (and might never get it).
What version of the phone do you have? If you want to root without flashing a custom recovery, try SlapMyMoto. It's in Moto X Android Development.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nossa como eu so BR, huheuheuhe

dray_jr
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortu View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nossa como eu so BR, huheuheuhe
if you want root you have to have a unlocked bootloader. install TWRP for 4.4 and SUPERSU

if you dont have one then there is no root right now and you have to wait.
Sprint Moto X TWRP 4.4 Self Detoxed
Profiles:Twitter
Guides:MotoX Guides |