5,604,764 Members 31,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.2 stock recovery.img

Tip us?

ArtemisClydeFrog
Old
(Last edited by ArtemisClydeFrog; 7th February 2014 at 12:43 AM.) Reason: tldr looked like a smiley face...derp
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.4.2 stock recovery.img

Just sideloaded 4.4.2 and I want to flash TWRP. Before doing so I'd like to make sure I have a stock recovery.img file to fallback on just in case. Will the recovery for 4.4 work in future OTA's (post-4.4.2) or will I need to extract the recovery.img from the 4.4.2 sbf when it becomes available?

TL: DR (for the super lazy)...was the recovery changed or should I be okay with the one from 4.4?

flashallthetime
Old
Thanks Meter 1277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtemisClydeFrog View Post
Just sideloaded 4.4.2 and I want to flash TWRP. Before doing so I'd like to make sure I have a stock recovery.img file to fallback on just in case. Will the recovery for 4.4 work in future OTA's (post-4.4.2) or will I need to extract the recovery.img from the 4.4.2 sbf when it becomes available?

TL: DR (for the super lazy)...was the recovery changed or should I be okay with the one from 4.4?
Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635366
Its located in the op
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
]Dr EVIL EVO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Don"t ask me for help,couldn't careless if your phone explodes
The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArtemisClydeFrog
Old
(Last edited by ArtemisClydeFrog; 7th February 2014 at 01:07 AM.) Reason: -_- didn't read
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime View Post
Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635366
Its located in the op
Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X
Thanks for the quick response. I thought I looked everywhere before posting this, apparently not hard enough.

zewone
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm not seeing the recovery.img from 4.4.2 in that OP. I could really use it.