Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I wish there is a reboot option when long press the power button.

Tip us?

x2h
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default I wish there is a reboot option when long press the power button.

Don't know about other models, but such an option is not available on my XT1053. Did I miss something here?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2h View Post
Don't know about other models, but such an option is not available on my XT1053. Did I miss something here?

Root with gravity box.

MOTO X SLAPPED
The Following User Says Thank You to hovax615@hotmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2836
If you're rooted and don't want Xposed/gravity box, try quick boot from the playstore. Has all the reboot, boot to recovery ...etc...options.

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....
Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

Flexia32
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I thought if you held it down it just rebooted..

Slapped X on Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Flexia32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

detonation
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Never understood why this hasn't been implemented into stock android yet. Most of the OEM skins include it.
Droid > Droid Incredible > Droid X > Galaxy Nexus > Droid Razr Maxx > Galaxy S3 > Droid DNA > Moto X > LG G2

x2h
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexia32 View Post

Slapped X on Tapatalk
Thanks. That answers my question.

fury683
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
If you're rooted and don't want Xposed/gravity box, try quick boot from the playstore. Has all the reboot, boot to recovery ...etc...options.

Great app, used it for years before I got Gravity Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexia32 View Post

Slapped X on Tapatalk
Yes, holding down Power and VOL DOWN will reboot the phone, simulating pulling the battery out. Using an app like QuickBoot or Gravity Box is just faster and more convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
Root with gravity box.

MOTO X SLAPPED
For clarity's sake: you need to obtain root, disable read/write access (probably) and then install Xposed Framework and the Gravity Box module. If you're already on 4.4.2, the only real option is holding power and volume down, as you can't revert to obtain root.
furyť™ - not helping the situation since 1987
Enable Moto X LED Charging Indicator (without Tasker)
Current Device: VZW MM Moto X, Woven Black, Black, Black | Previous: Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X

rocketsaucev2
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You don't have to hold volume down. Just holding power works

-Moto X-

Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury683 View Post
Yes, holding down Power and VOL DOWN will reboot the phone, simulating pulling the battery out...
FWIW - the power+vol "trick" is meant to simulate a battery pull since the battery is inaccessible (think phone frozen/unresponsive). What this means is that it is a hard stop on ALL processes, which is bad for memory allocation and may cause Android system slowness while it recovers from the abrupt stop. I never figured out if the Quick-Boot app does the same thing.

So when I hear/read people say they've performed a "soft-reboot" on their device, i often wonder what this technically means since there isn't an actual way to accomplish a "soft-reboot" gracefully. it's the equivalent of hitting the reset button on your PC while Windows is running.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2836
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640k View Post
FWIW - the power+vol "trick" is meant to simulate a battery pull since the battery is inaccessible (think phone frozen/unresponsive). What this means is that it is a hard stop on ALL processes, which is bad for memory allocation and may cause Android system slowness while it recovers from the abrupt stop. I never figured out if the Quick-Boot app does the same thing.

So when I hear/read people say they've performed a "soft-reboot" on their device, i often wonder what this technically means since there isn't an actual way to accomplish a "soft-reboot" gracefully. it's the equivalent of hitting the reset button on your PC while Windows is running.
That's why I'd say use the quick boot app or gravity box. Then it reboots more "gracefully ".

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips