4.4.2 update

25th January 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #61  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 29

189 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarimetric

No update here. I've been checking obsessively since I saw the articles/this thread.

you and i both... non-stop incessant update checks.. bwahahaah
25th January 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #62  
Flag McPherson, KS
Thanks Meter: 912

988 posts
Donate to Me
More
The update had to go through carrier approvals as well. Since HTC, Samsung and LG are all trying to get their updates out as well I suspect the carrier approval process is taking a while. Especially since we just got a 4.4 update.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #63  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

210 posts
Well I can report that my battery life is pretty ****ty. 12 hours uptime with 2 and a half hours screen on and it's about to die. Android OS usage is very high with an hour and a half of CPU usage. Seems to drain faster with WiFi enabled which is strange. I have ART enabled, autobrightness, background sync off, google location reporting/history off, disabled most bloat.
25th January 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
I had the same issue with the battery drain on ART. It seems there is an issue with the new Google play services which changed for 4 4.2 ART since the ART compiler changed in 4.4.2. I switched back to dalvik and battery life was back to normal.
25th January 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #65  
New York
Thanks Meter: 29

133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin2347

Well I can report that my battery life is pretty ****ty. 12 hours uptime with 2 and a half hours screen on and it's about to die. Android OS usage is very high with an hour and a half of CPU usage. Seems to drain faster with WiFi enabled which is strange. I have ART enabled, autobrightness, background sync off, google location reporting/history off, disabled most bloat.

Do you use Bluetooth audio ? If so would please check if you can control the volume from phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #66  
Flag Valley Stream, NY
Thanks Meter: 109

1,421 posts
Donate to Me
More
Verizon Developer edition and regular retail here. No updates on either.
28th January 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #67  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Canadian Update
Motorola just announced 4.4.2 is coming to Rogers and Fido Moto X devices soon. Hopefully we won't have to wait a long time for it to make it's way stateside. I can't post a link, but they just shared one on their Twitter account.
28th January 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #68  
Thanks Meter: 66

354 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin2347

Same thing happens to me.. maybe a little better but it does seem to drain faster with wifi and the culprit is android OS and or google play services.
28th January 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #69  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 93

610 posts
Donate to Me
More
People should also understand that ART is experimental.
1st February 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #70  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 38

727 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanshadow

People should also understand that ART is experimental.

yet - ART Likely to Replace Dalvik in Next Version of Android? | Androidheadlines.com

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread