Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 4.4.3 backup in 4.4.4 custom rom?

OP Musa95

20th August 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
Hi guys.. I have recently flashed several Custom Roms in my X.. But i wanted to go back to stock.. I have a backup made when i was on 4.4.3 and now in the custom rom i have 4.4.4..my question is can i return to stock with my backup without having problems? Thanks in advance
20th August 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,790

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa95

Hi guys.. I have recently flashed several Custom Roms in my X.. But i wanted to go back to stock.. I have a backup made when i was on 4.4.3 and now in the custom rom i have 4.4.4..my question is can i return to stock with my backup without having problems? Thanks in advance

It depends entirely on how you flashed your custom ROMs. If you flashed them from TWRP or other custom recovery, you should be safe because your bootloader and partition table (these are what cannot be downgraded without bricking) are still on 4.4.3. TWRP only restores/flashes /system, /boot, and (sometimes) /data.

If you ever flashed a 4.4.4 ROM from fastboot (and flashed motoboot.img and gpt.bin) then you could potentially be in big trouble if you go back to 4.4.3. (even if it is successful, you might brick during the future OTA to 4.4.4).

Anyways, as long as you are absolutely sure you never flashed the 4.4.4 bootloader or partition table, you should be safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

It depends entirely on how you flashed your custom ROMs. If you flashed them from TWRP or other custom recovery, you should be safe because your bootloader and partition table (these are what cannot be downgraded without bricking) are still on 4.4.3. TWRP only restores/flashes /system, /boot, and (sometimes) /data.

If you ever flashed a 4.4.4 ROM from fastboot (and flashed motoboot.img and gpt.bin) then you could potentially be in big trouble if you go back to 4.4.3. (even if it is successful, you might brick during the future OTA to 4.4.4).

Anyways, as long as you are absolutely sure you never flashed the 4.4.4 bootloader or partition table, you should be safe.

Perfect.. I flashed trough twrp from 4.4.3 so i dont think i will have trouble.. Thanks for your response
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread