Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For those on the 4.4.3 soak test for GSM

Tip us?

balleron24z
Old
(Last edited by Saqib Nazm; 9th June 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default For those on the 4.4.3 soak test for GSM

Can you guys test the bluetooth and tell me if the pairing bug is still present, under certain circumstances? I've been waiting for bluetooth to actually work properly via OTA's but so far nothing's been done.

The issue is:
On most newer bluetooth devices (2012+ car stereos, A2DP headsets/speakers, etc), the bluetooth will pair both the A2DP and HFP/HSP profiles just fine, at the same time, and if for some reason one or the other doesn't pair immediately, then they will link up within a few seconds of each other. However, I've tried to use bluetooth on my Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT, my bluetooth 99% of the time will only pair the HFP/HSP and not A2DP, and then when I try to pair up just the A2DP portion (or it tries to autoconnect) it fails out and my Moto X gets stuck on connecting, and won't ever leave this. I can manually pair the 2 devices EVERY time I turn the radio from off to on, but it's a pain and sometimes, even that doesn't work. Other users have had this issue with other car stereos and other bluetooth hardware, so I'm anxious to know if this is present. I wish I would've bought the Dev edition for Verizon because now I'm having to deal with a problem that I could've fixed, if I had an unlocked bootloader (missed out on the Chinese middleman)

mbudden
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Absolutely no issues here with linking on my Ford SYNC or KIA UVO, OEM systems.
Motorola Moto X (Motorola XT1053) - Stock 4.4.3
AT&T Inspire 4G (HTC Desire HD) - JellyTime 4.2.2 R10