Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.4? Already?

Tip us?
 
varxx
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 248
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default 4.4.4? Already?

I just updated KitKat to 4.4.3 a few weeks back. Is there really already a 4.4.4 update? I saw this here, but I couldn't tell if 4.4.4 is intended for the Moto X or not.
 
rocketsaucev2
Old
#2  
rocketsaucev2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 224
Join Date: Dec 2012
The first few paragraphs of that link provide you with all the info you asked

Sent from my XT1060
 
That Ain't Falco!!!
Old
#3  
That Ain't Falco!!!'s Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston
Looks like the article was just mentioning the devices that got 4.4.3. I doubt carriers are going to go through the trouble of testing and rolling out 4.4.4 for the X if they've already put out 4.4.3. I think that's why they only confirmed the GPe Moto G for 4.4.4. Just my guess.

Does anyone know if the SSL bug got fixed in our 4.4.3?

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app
 
varxx
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 248
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsaucev2 View Post
The first few paragraphs of that link provide you with all the info you asked
Well, yes and no. I still can't figure out if there's going to be a 4.4.4 for the Moto X. No big deal, apparently, but I'd like to know. If I were hit by a bus tomorrow, for instance, I'd hate to leave this earth without having first gotten the latest Android update for my phone.
 
piskr
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 245
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by varxx View Post
Well, yes and no. I still can't figure out if there's going to be a 4.4.4 for the Moto X. No big deal, apparently, but I'd like to know. If I were hit by a bus tomorrow, for instance, I'd hate to leave this earth without having first gotten the latest Android update for my phone.
The last news for today: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/a0e130cc79
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piskr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MickyMax
Old
#6  
MickyMax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 825
Join Date: Nov 2007
Great news but I through the X was the flagship and not the G. Why the G is always updated before it?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
Motorola Moto X Black (XT1052)
Please click "Thanks" button if my post helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to MickyMax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
devilsdouble
Old
#7  
devilsdouble's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 456
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Calcutta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyMax View Post
Great news but I through the X was the flagship and not the G. Why the G is always updated before it?

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
Yes, I find that weird too, I mean no disrespect to G or E owners but why X is prioritize last?
Also what does that mean "Indian users", what the hell will happen to users of elsewhere?
 
DaRkRhiNe
Old
#8  
DaRkRhiNe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 114
Posts: 491
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdouble View Post
Yes, I find that weird too, I mean no disrespect to G or E owners but why X is prioritize last?
Also what does that mean "Indian users", what the hell will happen to users of elsewhere?
Its written Indian users because our phones are not bound by any carrier . So we receive our updates from Motorola directly. For other carrier based phones it depends on the carriers and not Motorola.

Also its little weird that Moto E is getting the update before X, Since X being the flagship phone :/
 
piskr
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 245
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkRhiNe View Post
Its written Indian users because our phones are not bound by any carrier . So we receive our updates from Motorola directly. For other carrier based phones it depends on the carriers and not Motorola.

Also its little weird that Moto E is getting the update before X, Since X being the flagship phone :/
Guess that updating Moto G and E prior Mot X is rather a technical issue than question of a privilege. Moto X with its 8 core computing system needs much more adaptation than other ones, which based mostly on the plain AOSP . That's also the reason why is so difficult to mod a useful custom ROM for Moto X with full stock functionality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piskr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes