Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.4 update on xt1053 on AT&T network?

Tip us?

bwhite333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.4.4 update on xt1053 on AT&T network?

[I have no idea how OTAs are staged, so I hope this isn't the worst question ever asked in these forums]

I have a Moto X GSM (xt1053) that I got through Motorola using motomaker. I'm on the AT&T network, and things are working fine.

Since AT&T Moto Xs are xt1058, will my phone get the 4.4.4 OTA correctly?

Thanks

AGISCI
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite333 View Post
[I have no idea how OTAs are staged, so I hope this isn't the worst question ever asked in these forums]

I have a Moto X GSM (xt1053) that I got through Motorola using motomaker. I'm on the AT&T network, and things are working fine.

Since AT&T Moto Xs are xt1058, will my phone get the 4.4.4 OTA correctly?

Thanks
Yes, you will receive the OTA just fine. The network that you are using won't affect it at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to AGISCI For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bwhite333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGISCI View Post
Yes, you will receive the OTA just fine. The network that you are using won't affect it at all.
Thanks

superm1
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite333 View Post
Thanks
That being said, they haven't begun the rollout of 4.4.4 on the XT1053. The latest available for it is 4.4.3.

yankeesfan714
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by superm1 View Post
That being said, they haven't begun the rollout of 4.4.4 on the XT1053. The latest available for it is 4.4.3.
Anyone know why the XT1053 is the last X variant to get 4.4.4?

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,576

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan714 View Post
Anyone know why the XT1053 is the last X variant to get 4.4.4?
Republic Wireless is still on 4.4.2, so you're not the last....

Anyways, the only known difference between 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 is the ssl and a couple other patches. Extremely minimal difference. There most lilkely wouldn't have been a 4.4.4 if the ssl bug wasn't discovered - we all would have likely went straight to L (eventually).
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AGISCI
Old
Thanks Meter 18
From what I have read the system version in tmobile 4.4.3 is the same as the other 4.4.4 releases. So we don't need the 4.4.4 update since we are already patched.

bwhite333
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGISCI View Post
From what I have read the system version in tmobile 4.4.3 is the same as the other 4.4.4 releases. So we don't need the 4.4.4 update since we are already patched.
I thought I had posted this earlier sorry if it is redundent

If you "click here for details" on this page (for the various carriers) motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/94927/p/30,6720,8696

It looks like we are missing the OpenSSL patch, but have everything else. That said isn't the OpenSSL the most important portion of the patch?