FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] 4.4.4 update on xt1053 on AT&T network?

26th August 2014, 04:20 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[I have no idea how OTAs are staged, so I hope this isn't the worst question ever asked in these forums]

I have a Moto X GSM (xt1053) that I got through Motorola using motomaker. I'm on the AT&T network, and things are working fine.

Since AT&T Moto Xs are xt1058, will my phone get the 4.4.4 OTA correctly?

Thanks
 
 
26th August 2014, 04:33 PM |#2  
AGISCI's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite333

[I have no idea how OTAs are staged, so I hope this isn't the worst question ever asked in these forums]

I have a Moto X GSM (xt1053) that I got through Motorola using motomaker. I'm on the AT&T network, and things are working fine.

Since AT&T Moto Xs are xt1058, will my phone get the 4.4.4 OTA correctly?

Thanks

Yes, you will receive the OTA just fine. The network that you are using won't affect it at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to AGISCI For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 04:36 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGISCI

Yes, you will receive the OTA just fine. The network that you are using won't affect it at all.

Thanks
26th August 2014, 08:13 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite333

Thanks

That being said, they haven't begun the rollout of 4.4.4 on the XT1053. The latest available for it is 4.4.3.
27th August 2014, 02:58 AM |#5  
yankeesfan714's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superm1

That being said, they haven't begun the rollout of 4.4.4 on the XT1053. The latest available for it is 4.4.3.

Anyone know why the XT1053 is the last X variant to get 4.4.4?
27th August 2014, 03:06 AM |#6  
samwathegreat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,820
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan714

Anyone know why the XT1053 is the last X variant to get 4.4.4?

Republic Wireless is still on 4.4.2, so you're not the last....

Anyways, the only known difference between 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 is the ssl and a couple other patches. Extremely minimal difference. There most lilkely wouldn't have been a 4.4.4 if the ssl bug wasn't discovered - we all would have likely went straight to L (eventually).
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 03:14 PM |#7  
AGISCI's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
From what I have read the system version in tmobile 4.4.3 is the same as the other 4.4.4 releases. So we don't need the 4.4.4 update since we are already patched.
1st September 2014, 11:55 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGISCI

From what I have read the system version in tmobile 4.4.3 is the same as the other 4.4.4 releases. So we don't need the 4.4.4 update since we are already patched.

I thought I had posted this earlier sorry if it is redundent

If you "click here for details" on this page (for the various carriers) motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_detail/a_id/94927/p/30,6720,8696

It looks like we are missing the OpenSSL patch, but have everything else. That said isn't the OpenSSL the most important portion of the patch?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Moto X Q&A by ThreadRank