Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

[Q] 4G Problems

OP Shawn9221

17th June 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

As far as I know, yes. See this thread regarding your exact issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...t2578665/page8

Specifically, look at post # 77 - This is where the user advises that flashing the entire XT1053 ROM solved the problems you have described.

Good Luck

Oh well, I guess I will just have to deal with it as it is. I am not really willing to pay $45 to some random guy for an unlock code. Thanks for the help anyways
17th June 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1,723

1,987 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn9221

Oh well, I guess I will just have to deal with it as it is. I am not really willing to pay $45 to some random guy for an unlock code. Thanks for the help anyways

No problem. Keep an eye on the thread I linked. If anyone comes up with a solution to only being able to use DATA or CALLING (and not both) when using the XT1060 on GSM Carriers, it will be posted there.

P.S. If there is a chance you have a VZW -DEVELOPER- Edition (which is also XT1060), you can unlock the bootloader for FREE on motorola's official website.

It should be easy to tell - the Dev Edition has a black front, and a woven white back. More than likely, you have a regular XT1060, but it's worth mentioning...

Also, in my humble opinion, $45 is a small price to pay just to be able to have root. If it allows you to use both DATA and CALLING (by flashing XT1053 ROM), again (in my humble opinion), $45 is way beyond worth it.

Good Luck
Last edited by samwathegreat; 17th June 2014 at 02:24 AM.
17th June 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

No problem. Keep an eye on the thread I linked. If anyone comes up with a solution to only being able to use DATA or CALLING (and not both) when using the XT1060 on GSM Carriers, it will be posted there.

P.S. If there is a chance you have a VZW -DEVELOPER- Edition (which is also XT1060), you can unlock the bootloader for FREE on motorola's official website.

It should be easy to tell - the Dev Edition has a black front, and a woven white back. More than likely, you have a regular XT1060, but it's worth mentioning...

Good Luck

Well, I'm probably gonna just switch to Verizon. I have no problems with them and everything should work with my phone again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread