5,594,221 Members 45,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Acoustic Warning

Tip us?

jideay
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Where do I find gravity box? I see an app in the store by that name but its a game...

styndall
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideay View Post
Where do I find gravity box? I see an app in the store by that name but its a game...
Here it is for 4.4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554049

Here it is for 4.1/4.2/4.3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2316070

Do read the first post and all of the instruction for installation/compatibility.

jideay
Old
Thanks Meter 3
OK thanks. As far as I can tell, I better not install it. I have SlapMyMoto 4.4 rooted installed on my locked phone. I do not have CWM installed either and the way the thread reads, Gravity Box may or may not be compatible with my Moto X.

fury683
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideay View Post
OK thanks. As far as I can tell, I better not install it. I have SlapMyMoto 4.4 rooted installed on my locked phone. I do not have CWM installed either and the way the thread reads, Gravity Box may or may not be compatible with my Moto X.
I rooted with SlapMyMoto 0.5c and have 4.4, with Xposed and Gravity Box and it works fine. You do need to disable write protection for Xposed to work properly, though.
furyť™ - not helping the situation since 1987
Enable Moto X LED Charging Indicator (without Tasker)
Current Device: VZW MM Moto X, Woven Black, Black, Black | Previous: Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X

fury683
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46

DONATE TO ME
Another question about Gravity Box.. How does it impact battery life? It seems like the stuff it does (battery look/feel, additional context in menus, etc) are stuff that's already there, but "hidden". With it, I've already been able to remove two existing apps from my phone, one I used for torch and another I used for a reboot button. I also turned on the network traffic monitor in the statusbar.

I assume since so many people use it that it must not take too much battery, but who knows.
furyť™ - not helping the situation since 1987
Enable Moto X LED Charging Indicator (without Tasker)
Current Device: VZW MM Moto X, Woven Black, Black, Black | Previous: Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X

Jemmy Ducks
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fury683 View Post
Another question about Gravity Box.. How does it impact battery life? It seems like the stuff it does (battery look/feel, additional context in menus, etc) are stuff that's already there, but "hidden". With it, I've already been able to remove two existing apps from my phone, one I used for torch and another I used for a reboot button. I also turned on the network traffic monitor in the statusbar.

I assume since so many people use it that it must not take too much battery, but who knows.
I've noticed no increased battery use. But then I'm also not turning on features that require additional power. When KitKat was introduced someone at Google was quoted in a press release who said the network activity indicators in the status bar consumed a "surprising" amount of resources. If that's true, then I should think turning them back on would entail a bit of a battery hit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jemmy Ducks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]