XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Active Display doesnt turn on sometime?

Tip us?

Guitarboarder28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
Default Active Display doesnt turn on sometime?

Its random but sometimes when I pick up the phone active display doesnt turn on and it wont work for a little while and then it will start working again anybody know whats going on? Im on 4.4 verizon.. I remember I had seen someone else either on here or reddit and they had a solution but now i cant find it..
Check out the UBER theme for N7 that I constantly update HERE!

sold the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
bought a note 2 running Jedi X17 with alexander theme
and enjoying my nexus 7

gcbxda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarboarder28 View Post
Its random but sometimes when I pick up the phone active display doesnt turn on and it wont work for a little while and then it will start working again anybody know whats going on? Im on 4.4 verizon.. I remember I had seen someone else either on here or reddit and they had a solution but now i cant find it..
That is weird. What do you do to fix it? just keep pressing the power button? or do you just wait and the screen eventually turn on? is it working meanwhile... like, can you lock yourself out on the pattern lock while the screen is off but supposed to be on?

probably totaly unrelated, but the nexus one have an issue with the amoled/digitizer. When the screen is on while charging (or on for longer periods without digitizer use) the digitizer will not work until the amoled is turned off/on again. maybe some crazy electro migration bug or badly spec caps going on on google+htc design for the n-one... maybe they haven't learned any lesson
--

nexus one, buyer remorse. cm7.1
hp touchpad, pure awesomeness. cm9 nightly + stock webOS
alcatel touchone fire. firefoxOS from source every slow weekend or so.

wwarren92
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarboarder28 View Post
Mine does that too sometimes, it did it most recently driving in the car. Have you tried wiping the screen? Sometimes if I make sure my screen is spotless, it's more responsive...don't know if it's placebo or not.

But you aren't the only one!

Guitarboarder28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcbxda View Post
That is weird. What do you do to fix it? just keep pressing the power button? or do you just wait and the screen eventually turn on? is it working meanwhile... like, can you lock yourself out on the pattern lock while the screen is off but supposed to be on?

probably totaly unrelated, but the nexus one have an issue with the amoled/digitizer. When the screen is on while charging (or on for longer periods without digitizer use) the digitizer will not work until the amoled is turned off/on again. maybe some crazy electro migration bug or badly spec caps going on on google+htc design for the n-one... maybe they haven't learned any lesson
Im not sure maybe. Ill have to see what the screen does before it happens. When Ive noticed it my screen was off just sitting on the table and when I pick it up nothing happens.

and enjoying my nexus 7

Guitarboarder28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 323

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwarren92 View Post
Mine does that too sometimes, it did it most recently driving in the car. Have you tried wiping the screen? Sometimes if I make sure my screen is spotless, it's more responsive...don't know if it's placebo or not.

I dont think it has anything to do with the screen though. Becuase ill pick up my phone and it wont turn on. What ive done is turn the screen on and off and then leave it for a few minutes and it just starts working again... pretty annoying but it happens very rarely

and enjoying my nexus 7

mechanical tool
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwarren92 View Post

I think it doesn't work while in the car because it can't differentiate the pick-up motion vs. the motion from driving.

Not sure why it wouldn't happen sitting on a table though, unless it was just recently set down.