Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Active display Issue

OP ECassinelli

2nd July 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hello,

Like the tittle said. I have a little problem with active display, it seems like my moto x is too sensitive to movement, for example, when I am on my bed and my device is besides me active display start showing the time without touching or picking up the phone, I think it does it just because of the movement I do. Does anyone else have this problem? I also want to know if there is away to only show active display only for notification and not for the time. I appreciate the help.

p.d.: sorry for my bad english
2nd July 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 74

436 posts
I have the same issue. If I'm not mistaken active display works off of the proximity sensor. If it see dark then light it will trip the display. Like if you were to take it out of your pocket.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd July 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan714

I have the same issue. If I'm not mistaken active display works off of the proximity sensor. If it see dark then light it will trip the display. Like if you were to take it out of your pocket.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah just a while ago I put it on my table with no movement and just move my hand above it without touching it and the time appear, so i guess it is the proximity sensor, but it feels very weird and annoying
2nd July 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,790

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECassinelli

Hello,

Like the tittle said. I have a little problem with active display, it seems like my moto x is too sensitive to movement, for example, when I am on my bed and my device is besides me active display start showing the time without touching or picking up the phone, I think it does it just because of the movement I do. Does anyone else have this problem? I also want to know if there is away to only show active display only for notification and not for the time. I appreciate the help.

p.d.: sorry for my bad english

The behavior you have described is normal. I don't consider it a problem. Yes the phone uses sensors to trigger Active Display, but because of X8 it uses almost zero battery. The convenience of not having to press the power button (to trigger the lock screen) is well worth it IMO. If you find it too 'annoying', I would suggest disabling AD since there is no adjustment you can make to it.

P.S. The phone uses multiple sensors to trigger AD. Proxmity, Gyro, Accelerometer, and even the microphone.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 31

236 posts
Or, simply place your phone face down on an opaque surface

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd July 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 268

1,481 posts
More
If you have pending notifications, it will get annoying. Swipe away the pending stuff and it won't be as sensitive
3rd July 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 137

631 posts
It's not an issue, it's how it is supposed to be. And I like it this way.
3rd July 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 16

70 posts
Just to reiterate what everyone is saying, this behavior is normal. It doesn't use much battery at all, and it's very handy.

I prefer it this way. I can just knock hard on whatever surface the X is sitting on and it shows me the time and/or notifications.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread