Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 47,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Active display Issue

Tip us?

ECassinelli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Active display Issue

Hello,

Like the tittle said. I have a little problem with active display, it seems like my moto x is too sensitive to movement, for example, when I am on my bed and my device is besides me active display start showing the time without touching or picking up the phone, I think it does it just because of the movement I do. Does anyone else have this problem? I also want to know if there is away to only show active display only for notification and not for the time. I appreciate the help.

p.d.: sorry for my bad english

yankeesfan714
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I have the same issue. If I'm not mistaken active display works off of the proximity sensor. If it see dark then light it will trip the display. Like if you were to take it out of your pocket.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ECassinelli
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan714 View Post
I have the same issue. If I'm not mistaken active display works off of the proximity sensor. If it see dark then light it will trip the display. Like if you were to take it out of your pocket.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah just a while ago I put it on my table with no movement and just move my hand above it without touching it and the time appear, so i guess it is the proximity sensor, but it feels very weird and annoying

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 581

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECassinelli View Post
Hello,

Like the tittle said. I have a little problem with active display, it seems like my moto x is too sensitive to movement, for example, when I am on my bed and my device is besides me active display start showing the time without touching or picking up the phone, I think it does it just because of the movement I do. Does anyone else have this problem? I also want to know if there is away to only show active display only for notification and not for the time. I appreciate the help.

p.d.: sorry for my bad english
The behavior you have described is normal. I don't consider it a problem. Yes the phone uses sensors to trigger Active Display, but because of X8 it uses almost zero battery. The convenience of not having to press the power button (to trigger the lock screen) is well worth it IMO. If you find it too 'annoying', I would suggest disabling AD since there is no adjustment you can make to it.

P.S. The phone uses multiple sensors to trigger AD. Proxmity, Gyro, Accelerometer, and even the microphone.

Good Luck
Remember: the "SEARCH" button will often save you a great deal of time waiting for a reply.

Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kboya
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Or, simply place your phone face down on an opaque surface

Sent from my XT1052 using XDA Free mobile app

abuttino
Old
Thanks Meter 225
If you have pending notifications, it will get annoying. Swipe away the pending stuff and it won't be as sensitive

devilsdouble
Old
Thanks Meter 76
It's not an issue, it's how it is supposed to be. And I like it this way.

Arak-Nafein
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Just to reiterate what everyone is saying, this behavior is normal. It doesn't use much battery at all, and it's very handy.

I prefer it this way. I can just knock hard on whatever surface the X is sitting on and it shows me the time and/or notifications.