Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is Active Display not working for anyone else?

Tip us?

trevorftard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Is Active Display not working for anyone else?

The previous two updates, yes, even the one from today (3/17/14) have rendered my Active Display useless. I've got the XT1053 DE, rooted and on 4.4. Anyone else having issues?

drago10029
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftard View Post
The previous two updates, yes, even the one from today (3/17/14) have rendered my Active Display useless. I've got the XT1053 DE, rooted and on 4.4. Anyone else having issues?
Please explain this statement carefully "The previous two updates, yes, even the one from today (3/17/14)" wasn't sure what you meant.

Also, if it worked on stock then it works. after you root and flash you're gonna have to ask these questions with the root maker or ROM maker if you're using a custom ROM.

and to answer the question I have never had problems with active display. Try going back to stock is my advice then re-root and carry on.
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 in creamy Pebble Blue
Skyrocket and Vibrant R.I.P. Gone but not forgotten! MOTO X Goodbye and Good ridden!

someguyatx
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Not rooted, 4.4.2 no issues with active display. What do you have turned off?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

trevorftard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I meant that the last two updates, even the one that was supposed to fix the broken Active Display, don't work on my phone. If I uninstall updates it works fine, so I don't have anything disabled to cause it to not work. If you check the Play Store reviews, others have had this problem and have been referred to their customer care, but customer care sucks and rarely knows what they're talking about, so I figured I'd try here first.

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 171
I've never had any problems with it, using 4.4.2. Is it possible the people with problems are using 4.4 and not 4.4.2 ?
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

trevorftard
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to flash stock recovery and update for such a minor update that some report cause more battery drain.

Steve-x
Old
Thanks Meter 171
4.4.2 has been awesome for myself and my local friends, however we are all using XT1058 hardware and the Rogers 4.4.2 firmware build. With the various hardware variants and firmware builds there are bound to be various smaller potential bugs here and there that only select groups of people come across.
Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art with my Moto X.

Tags
active, active display, display, moto x, xt1053