Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

I can NOT get ADB to recognize this phone in fastboot mode.

15th May 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Please for the love of god help me. I've tried everything.

I have a developer edition. I have the newest drivers, the newest phone updates. Everything. It is recognized by ADB when I'm on the home screen, but when I am in fastboot mode itself it will not recognize the device. I can't unlock the BL because of this. It's VERY frustrating and I'm about 12 hours from selling this device and buying an HTC M8.

I have Windows 7 64 bit. I'm on the newest moto drivers, the newest FW for the X. I've uninstalled and re-installed and restarted my machine countless times. With no luck. With the drivers installed I booted the phone into fastboot mode, pulled up a command prompt where ADB was installed, ran adb devices and nothing. Over and over again. Please help me. I really want to keep this phone.
15th May 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #2  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,320
 
16,129 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Navigate to where fastboot.exe is installed, and run "fastboot devices".

And make sure phone is in bootloader mode.

Does it list serial number?
15th May 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I ran into the same issue last night, I just got a moto x DE for my wife, and a new laptop since last March when I unlocked my moto x DE. "adb devices" returned nothing, and I had a fresh install of the SDK and the moto drivers. Both old and new laptop on Win 7 64-bit. I googled trying to find a solution, but didn't find anything that worked. Grabbed my old laptop, hooked up to it, and it worked fine.

One suggestion I saw and didn't try was to remove/reload the moto drivers. Since I got it working and got her phone unlocked with my old laptop, I didn't pursue further.
15th May 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #4  
KidJoe's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,205
 
2,608 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemare15

....With the drivers installed I booted the phone into fastboot mode, pulled up a command prompt where ADB was installed, ran adb devices and nothing. Over and over again. Please help me. I really want to keep this phone.

Adb devices wont work when the phone is in Booloader/fastboot mode.

Make sure you have the latest Moto drivers from here -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/88481

Follow this -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/ADB.htm To install The Android SDK, PlatformTools, and mFastboot, and add platform tools to the Path.

once that is done.. type fasboot devices and see if you get anything. If no, look at Device Manager and make sure there are no ! or such in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2015, 12:29 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Storage
This is what worked for me. Posting here for posterity and potential helpfulness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yghrv

I hit the issue earlier and fixed it with the steps. hope will help you too.

1. connect your phone with computer
2. go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motorola Shared\Mobile Drivers\
3. run Motorola Driver Installer.exe, choose clean and Reinstall.

5th February 2015, 04:38 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 173
 
889 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31337z3r0

This is what worked for me. Posting here for posterity and potential helpfulness.

Even that wouldn't help him if he was trying to use adb while in the bootloader.
2nd March 2015, 11:08 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 6
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

Adb devices wont work when the phone is in Booloader/fastboot mode.

Make sure you have the latest Moto drivers from here -> https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/88481

Follow this -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/ADB.htm To install The Android SDK, PlatformTools, and mFastboot, and add platform tools to the Path.

once that is done.. type fasboot devices and see if you get anything. If no, look at Device Manager and make sure there are no ! or such in there.

Thanks for clarifying. I only end up dealing with rooting something once a year or so and always forget the "ins-outs-and-what-have-yous". Once I was reminded of fastboot vs. adb all was well!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes