Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What are the advantages of Dev Edition?

OP coreno

8th February 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #21  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,294

3,779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piccit

Again, no. His problem was from running 4.2.2.

I don't feel like finding the posts, but others have reported success being on 4.4.2, reflashing 4.4 system + recovery, and taking the 4.4->4.4.2 OTA without problems

And I have seen more than a few who are on the new boot loader and gone back to 4.4 and ended up hard bricked, so for the safety of most user I will continue to hold my ground on this one, happened also on 4.2.2 to 4.4 also

Sent on my Lenoto A2109 tablet
8th February 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 269

942 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edthesped

Okay, what about running 4.4.2 system on 4.4 boot loader? When 4.4.2 hits BMW I plan on flashing system and modem files only. I figure worst case I'll bout loop and will have to reinstall 4.4 then decide if it's worth moving forward. I have a custom recovery so I can't accept an ota.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post i was trying to fix auto correct. I swear i turned it off.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashallthetime

Curious what the answer to the question is. I, like the above poster see no reason to update my bootloader if it means I can't go back. If Verizon ever comes out with this update I would like to flash everything but the bootloader...any issue with this?
8th February 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #23  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 1,294

3,779 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno77

Curious what the answer to the question is. I, like the above poster see no reason to update my bootloader if it means I can't go back. If Verizon ever comes out with this update I would like to flash everything but the bootloader...any issue with this?

Moto changes the game with every update , so I can't say you can do that or not. See the 4.2.2 post camera update came out , you couldn't run a kitkat ROM without some security issues and the settings menu fc'ing. It required the kitkat modem. So who knows. Worst case you'll need to update eventually
Hope that helps

The Following User Says Thank You to flashallthetime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
I am also looking at the difference between Developer Version and Non-Developer Version.

If just talking about the locked or unlocked bootloader, I think we can unlock the bootloader of Non-Developer Version. (I am outside US so warranty doesn't matter to me)

If also consider factory image, look like Motorola only provide factory image for Developer Edition, am I right?

So, for me, if I am going to flash ROM and kernel, am I more suitable to go for Developer Edition?
8th February 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 112

608 posts
More
So there's no way to unlock AT&T bootloader? And can you buy the Dev Edition from a carrier? The Moto X is really tempting, but I kinda want some custom ROMs.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread