Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Alarm Randomly Doesn't Work

Tip us?

Bracemg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Alarm Randomly Doesn't Work

Around one out of every five times, my alarm just doesn't work. I wake up (on my own) and 1) the phone is pretty hot, 2) an alert that says "Upcoming Alarm" has shown up in the pulldown menu, and 3) a time that is 20-30 min ahead of the alarm was supposed to go off shows up on the right hand side of the notification. Again, this only happens around 20-30% of the time, but it's already made me miss a few important engagements. And yes, I've tried deleting and resetting the alarm as well as making sure the volume is up. Nothing works. Please help!!

I attached a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-20-08-39-59.png
Views:	29
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	2590541  

Teksu
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracemg View Post
Around one out of every five times, my alarm just doesn't work. I wake up (on my own) and 1) the phone is pretty hot, 2) an alert that says "Upcoming Alarm" has shown up in the pulldown menu, and 3) a time that is 20-30 min ahead of the alarm was supposed to go off shows up on the right hand side of the notification. Again, this only happens around 20-30% of the time, but it's already made me miss a few important engagements. And yes, I've tried deleting and resetting the alarm as well as making sure the volume is up. Nothing works. Please help!!

I attached a pic.
Since google bought timely i have been using that with out issue. love the smart wake feature too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bitspin.timely

Here's a link to the question and answers section of the moto x forum here at XDA for no reason at all...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/moto-x-qa

someguyatx
Old
Thanks Meter 347
Hey Bracemg do you have anything disabled/frozen/greenified etc? I have a similar intermittent issue with silent sleeping mode in moto assist. I will probably have to do a factory reset soon, just holding out for 4.4.2 update first.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3190
Relying solely on your phone to wake you isn't the best idea....crap happens.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips