Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 47,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Alltel Moto X XT1050

Tip us?

dw777
Old
(Last edited by dw777; 18th January 2014 at 03:18 PM.) Reason: Typo in title.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Alltel Moto X XT1050

Would like to root my XT1050, but cannot find the exact firmware to fall back on if something goes awry. My firmware is 139.4.6.ghost_row.ACG.en.US. The closest firmware that I have found is the Brightpoint 139.4.5.ghost_row.LRA.en.US, which is also the XT1050. My Alltel network is CDMA, but not sure if the Brightpoint is. Does anyone think this Brightpoint firmware would work if I needed to re-flash, or would it be missing the proper radios APN's etc....? Alltel was recently purchased by AT&T, and they told me that this phone was an AT&T phone that was LTE ready when they transition over in July. Most other Alltel users will need to replace their phones at this time. I keep looking for Alltel Moto X users here, but haven't seen any yet, as this phone is fairly new for Alltel. Any ideas?

aajjs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ever find a root method

Was wondering if anyone with the alltel Moto X ever found a root method.

Q9Nap
Old
Thanks Meter 462

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw777 View Post
Would like to root my XT1050, but cannot find the exact firmware to fall back on if something goes awry. My firmware is 139.4.6.ghost_row.ACG.en.US. The closest firmware that I have found is the Brightpoint 139.4.5.ghost_row.LRA.en.US, which is also the XT1050. My Alltel network is CDMA, but not sure if the Brightpoint is. Does anyone think this Brightpoint firmware would work if I needed to re-flash, or would it be missing the proper radios APN's etc....? Alltel was recently purchased by AT&T, and they told me that this phone was an AT&T phone that was LTE ready when they transition over in July. Most other Alltel users will need to replace their phones at this time. I keep looking for Alltel Moto X users here, but haven't seen any yet, as this phone is fairly new for Alltel. Any ideas?
the brightpoint fxz is generic cdma. it worked fine on the vzw dev edition moto x with the 4.2.2 gpt/motoboot. not sure whether it will work on a locked alltel device, but there's a good chance that it will, since it is xt1050.
i'd try to root first; the worst that could happen is root will fail. if it succeeds, you can make a nandroid of your stock boot and system before making any further modifications.
if you do need to use the fxz to recover, you should flash only system.img. if that alone doesn't work, you may need to flash boot.img as well. there's really no need to flash anything else.
also, i'd recommend backing up your stock build.prop and replacing the brightpoint build.prop with it if you do flash system.img.
standard disclaimer: i'm not responsible for anything bad that may happen to your device as a result of attempting these things...

XxJacexX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default really need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw777 View Post
Would like to root my XT1050, but cannot find the exact firmware to fall back on if something goes awry. My firmware is 139.4.6.ghost_row.ACG.en.US. The closest firmware that I have found is the Brightpoint 139.4.5.ghost_row.LRA.en.US, which is also the XT1050. My Alltel network is CDMA, but not sure if the Brightpoint is. Does anyone think this Brightpoint firmware would work if I needed to re-flash, or would it be missing the proper radios APN's etc....? Alltel was recently purchased by AT&T, and they told me that this phone was an AT&T phone that was LTE ready when they transition over in July. Most other Alltel users will need to replace their phones at that time. I keep looking for Alltel Moto X users here, but haven't seen any yet, as this phone is fairly new for Alltel. Any ideas?

I was really hoping someone could upload a link for 139.4.6.ghost_row.ACG.en.US.xml.zip i have accidentally flashed the fsg and modem files for another version of xt1050 and i need alltel's version of these files. plz i can't seem to find a copy of this firmware anywhere and i no longer can get any cdma/evdo signal. all i can do is use a sim card for the time being and considering i am paying for the plan with alltel i'd like to take advantage of my data plan. when i dial *228 it only says call not sent.