Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 49,789 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AMOLED display purple tint

Tip us?

Kunal5894
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] AMOLED display purple tint

Is it normal to get a purple-brownish tint on your MOTO X when the display brightness is turned down to the lowest, all shades of grey look purple-ish.

Neighbor808
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal5894 View Post
Is it normal to get a purple-brownish tint on your MOTO X when the display brightness is turned down to the lowest, all shades of grey look purple-ish.
It happens to my phone. It didn't used to happen to my last phone, but it does with this one. Gray colors look purple-ish. It only happens when I turn my brightness lower than the stock lowest, though.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
Stock Moto X on 4.4.2
-------------------------------------------
Atrix HD (RETIRED)
CWM 6.0.4.0 Touch
Running AOSP 4.4
-------------------------------------------
Kindle Fire HD 7"
TWRP 2.6.1.0
Running CM 10.2 (Jellybean 4.3)

PurePerformance™ Engine for an insanely smooth experience: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2360985 (Credit to Jeeko)

devilsdouble
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Yep, I have the tint, extremely noticeable (to my eyes, besides I am obsessed with display quality) IMHO at Auto brightness, but I don't see purple tiny, it's more Yellowish on mine. Mostly visible on Whitish background. So I had to turn off Auto brightness and use around 30% brightness, that somewhat makes the tint less visible. Also I am using Screen Adjuster and Blue to +3/4 to neutralize the tint at some extent. This display reminds me of the S2.