Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Android 4.4.4

OP kenosis

20th June 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

686 posts
More
Android 4.4.4 is rolling out for Nexus devices. When will it be out for Moto X and how can we update it from 4.4.3?
20th June 2014, 10:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 52

357 posts
I don't think we'll be getting it. It's a very small bug fix update for N5 users.
21st June 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,006

3,454 posts
Donate to Me
More
Never. They're actually looking at downgrading us to 4.2.2 because people can't wait 5 seconds before asking when the next OTA is coming when a new Android version is found.

Sent from my Moto X
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 546

1,151 posts
More
Motorola says 3-5 weeks
21st June 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
If I remember correctly, the 4.4.4 update was also supposed to include just security fixes that would fix the problems with the HTC M8 Harmon/Kardon editions on Sprints network. (Correct me if I'm wrong though)

Either way, it's probably just to fix something that wasn't done right in the 4.4.3 update; maybe a new security hole came up and they had to quickly close it. That would also explain the quick release of 4.4.4, what, not even a month after releasing 4.4.3?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Update: the 4.4.4 updates seems to fix a bug related to OpenSSL and the holes that that has had for the past month.

4.4.4 June 19, 2014[147]
CVE-2014-0224 fixed; bug relating to OpenSSL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history
5th July 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
verizon 4.4.4 update out already?
after sfb'ing my 4.4.2 moto x DE I now have an "update available- ready for install" notification upon boot. It shows the notification in my status bar. However, when I touch the swipeable bar it says your phone will reboot when your install is done. It doees not say what the update is.

When I go into settings\about phone\software updates it responds with a "your phone is up to date"

any idea why the conflict about software status?

I run slim rom, as it's one of my favorites, and slim rom has released an update version of itself saying 4.4.4, that means I have to be on that software version in order to flash it safely believe. I have flashed a pac rom meant for 4.3 whiel i'm on 4.4.2 and it had some problems like speaker phone didn't work and some icon were in the wrong place but nothing serious.

I want to do the update to see if that is what it is but I don't want to find out that it is indeed 4.4.4 and then not be able to go back if it indeed messes with the boot loader. Just because I'm DE with BL unlocked does not exempt me from bricking my phone unless I'm wrong about that.

Any feedback guys?
6th July 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 55

267 posts
I read in the eclipse thread that coming from a system higher than 4.4.2 back to 4.4.2 will trigger an update due to a bug in the code. The system will simply reboot as no update is downloaded nor installed.

Sent from my XT1060

The Following User Says Thank You to rocketsaucev2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread