Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't answer incoming calls!

Tip us?

laurorual
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Can't answer incoming calls!

When someone calls me I can't answer an incoming call. If I'm lookin at stuff on my phone it just rings and freezes what ever its on. If I try to touch the screen it doesn't respond to any touch. Really frustrated as this is my first motorola smartphone. Isn't the call screen supposed to pop up? I have rooted my phone and I'm using xposed, but I've tried to disable every module on it and still same problem! And there is others with the same problem as mine (probably without root) out there :/
Please any help would be very appreciated! Thanks
PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
MY DEVICES:

NEXUS 5:
- Rom: ParanoidAndroid
- Kernel: ElementalX

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300:
- Rom: CyanogenMod 11.0

Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini i8190L:

Restola
Old
Thanks Meter 515
There is a gravity box setting called 'non-intrusive calls' or something like that, might be part of the problem.

My guess is its exposed. Uninstall all modules, uninstall the framework, flash the disabler zip in recovery and try it again.

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurorual View Post
When someone calls me I can't answer an incoming call. If I'm lookin at stuff on my phone it just rings and freezes what ever its on. If I try to touch the screen it doesn't respond to any touch. Really frustrated as this is my first motorola smartphone. Isn't the call screen supposed to pop up? I have rooted my phone and I'm using xposed, but I've tried to disable every module on it and still same problem! And there is others with the same problem as mine (probably without root) out there :/
Please any help would be very appreciated! Thanks
I helped another user with an issue that matches what you have described exactly. After much troubleshooting, the only thing that fixed it was to flash the entire stock SBF as per the "Return to Stock" thread.

Keep in mind this erases EVERYTHING, including anything you have downloaded to the internal memory. So save anything important to your PC first, and put it back afterwards.

You can try other methods, but I fear they won't work - based on [much] experience.

Good Luck!
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

laurorual
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
I helped another user with an issue that matches what you have described exactly. After much troubleshooting, the only thing that fixed it was to flash the entire stock SBF as per the "Return to Stock" thread.

Keep in mind this erases EVERYTHING, including anything you have downloaded to the internal memory. So save anything important to your PC first, and put it back afterwards.

You can try other methods, but I fear they won't work - based on [much] experience.

Good Luck!
I feared this. I just can't imagine why this happened out of nothing. But thanks for the advice, I'll try to do this
PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
MY DEVICES:

NEXUS 5:
- Rom: ParanoidAndroid
- Kernel: ElementalX

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300:

Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini i8190L:

rocketsaucev2
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Aha! At least you got some responses! I posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2826011 with the same issue and got none but yes I'm experiencing the same issue. Very dumb the phone just doesn't let you answer and takes the nav bar away

Sent from my XT1060

samwathegreat
Old
Thanks Meter 1,575

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketsaucev2 View Post
Aha! At least you got some responses! I posted here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2826011 with the same issue and got none but yes I'm experiencing the same issue. Very dumb the phone just doesn't let you answer and takes the nav bar away

Sent from my XT1060
Sorry @rocketsaucev2 . I must have missed your thread, otherwise I would have suggested this. I try to help, whenever possible. At least now you have some suggestions to go on.... Good Luck.
Help us keep XDA fun and safe. Please read the RULES, and please respect your fellow members.

Looking for a new carrier? Check out Republic Wireless!
Plans starting at $10 for unlimited talk/text and $25 with unlimited data.
Use this link to save $20. RW is my carrier and I couldn't be happier with them.

I successfully CRACKED the SIM-LOCK on the Sprint XT1056 Moto X. Read about it HERE

Donate to me via BitCoin - 1samwaLJ7EdQFGME1dkUGPFZywUEKnXcT

rocketsaucev2
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat View Post
Sorry @rocketsaucev2 . I must have missed your thread, otherwise I would have suggested this. I try to help, whenever possible. At least now you have some suggestions to go on.... Good Luck.
No sweat I didn't mean anything by it. Fwiw I did an fdr and re-fastbooted 4.4.4 (vzw) and everything is working now [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1060