No registration required

AOSP unified builds using wrong network [XT1053]

OP severectify

3rd May 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
Hey all,

For some reason, AOSP unified builds are using the wrong network. I have a T-Mobile GSM device, and right now with PA 4.3 BETA 2, the ROM is recognizing my phone as a Verizon wireless build. This means I have no internet over mobile data and no connection with Google on Wifi.

I'm assuming this is a build prop issue. I've attempted to install Slimkat and Cyanogenmod before and I had the same issue. Can someone help me? I'm hoping that I won't have to wipe and flash back to stock, but if it's the only option...

UPDATE: I found out that ro.telephony.default_network was set to 10 instead of 9, so now I have it as T-Mobile instead of Verizon Wireless both in status and on the network tile. However, I did just notice that my lockscreen says NO SIM CARD - TMOBILE.

Additionally, I still have no connection with Google - I have orange connection bars both on Wifi and on mobile data. However, I know I still have internet because I'm currently downloading the new PA Gapps.

Here is a paste of my build.prop after I changed ro.telephony.default_network to 9. If someone could please help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/PN8m1myQ
Last edited by severectify; 4th May 2014 at 08:55 AM.
3rd May 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,854

13,345 posts
More
Did you try manually adding your carriers APN settings?
3rd May 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

51 posts
I was connected to fast.tmobile LTE, but it was still looking for a verizon network
4th May 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Did you try manually adding your carriers APN settings?

To be more specific, I have double checked my APN settings; I doubt that this is the issue since it is set up correctly. The issue seems to be that the ROM is recognizing my phone as a Verizon Wireless phone. Verizon Wireless is listed as the network in my About Phone settings, and Verizon Wireless is listed on my network tile.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread