XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] App Transfer on Moto X

Tip us?

cmdub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] App Transfer on Moto X

So this could possibly gonna go in the general Q&A but i'll throw it in here and if it needs to be moved it can. So i got my moto x today from the cybermonday sale and everything went well got the sim card activated from verizon. Booted phone up signed in to google account and my signal got full bars but dropped in and out 2x in the first 2 minutes i had it on for whatever reason. During those two minutes it was trying to install all my apps as well as sync everything else and since the connection dropped i got like 100 notifications saying X app failed to update / install and it also started auto downloading 4.4(Kit Kat) and when that finished i just went ahead and installed it. So of course when it finished installing 4.4 it didnt go back to trying to reinstall all my previous apps. Is there a way to force the play store to try this again or should i just do a factory reset and start over and make sure all the apps get installed before updating to 4.4?

Thanks in advance for any help

superm1
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdub View Post
So this could possibly gonna go in the general Q&A but i'll throw it in here and if it needs to be moved it can. So i got my moto x today from the cybermonday sale and everything went well got the sim card activated from verizon. Booted phone up signed in to google account and my signal got full bars but dropped in and out 2x in the first 2 minutes i had it on for whatever reason. During those two minutes it was trying to install all my apps as well as sync everything else and since the connection dropped i got like 100 notifications saying X app failed to update / install and it also started auto downloading 4.4(Kit Kat) and when that finished i just went ahead and installed it. So of course when it finished installing 4.4 it didnt go back to trying to reinstall all my previous apps. Is there a way to force the play store to try this again or should i just do a factory reset and start over and make sure all the apps get installed before updating to 4.4?

I think removing and re-adding your google account should retrigger that step.

mademan420
Old
Thanks Meter 254

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdub View Post

Or do a factory reset and start over from scratch???
I don't mind people pushing my buttons.....especially when they're saying "THANKS"
Galaxy Note 3 - Current, LG G2 - Retired, Moto X Dev Ed - Retired, HTC One - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S3 & S4 - Retired, HTC DNA - Retired, Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Backup Phone, HTC Rezound - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate - Retired, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - Retired, All iPhone models - Retired

cmdub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
well good thought but i already did the factory reset and it didn't trigger it again(who knows, if anyone does i'd love to know why) but when i re-logged in after FDR it didn't even sync my wifi passwords/wallpaper when i originally signed in for the first time. so who knows. im sure theres a reason behind it not doing these things but w/e