Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Reverse Tethering (Tool) works with your ROM?

OP alberturer

28th June 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

20 posts
If you dont know this awesome tool, Reverse Tethering (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1371345), now its time to try it
It basically passes the internet to your device by the USB cable. I used it a lot with my older device but it doesn´t work with my new Moto X with stock 4.4.3. So i'm wondering if this works with your ROM?

PD: Just works with rooted devices and Windows PC. Also with Android 4.3+ you have to connect your phone/tablet to wifi or 3g at least once after boot before using reverse tethering.
28th June 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,790

2,029 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberturer

If you dont know this awesome tool, Reverse Tethering (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1371345), now its time to try it
It basically passes the internet to your device by the USB cable. I used it a lot with my older device but it doesn´t work with my new Moto X with stock 4.4.3. So i'm wondering if this works with your ROM?

PD: Just works with rooted devices and Windows PC. Also with Android 4.3+ you have to connect your phone/tablet to wifi or 3g at least once after boot before using reverse tethering.

Clockwork mod tether works on unrooted devices (including moto X) to tether through USB cable. Many users here have reported it works - even on unrooted phones.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to samwathegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwathegreat

Clockwork mod tether works on unrooted devices (including moto X) to tether through USB cable. Many users here have reported it works - even on unrooted phones.

Good Luck

Unfortunately you misunderstand me, the normal tethering (to pass phone's data connection to get internet access on the desktop or laptop) works fine. What i want to do is Reverse Tethering (to pass laptop's connection to get internet access on my Moto X).
Does it works on your Rom?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.3, moto x, rom, root, tethering
Previous Thread Next Thread