Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] APT-X Bluetooth

OP trentonmc24

27th May 2014, 10:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

92 posts
Does anyone know how to tell if APT-X bluetooth audio streaming is on by default on the Moto X? I have a pair of Motorola S11-HD bluetooth headphones that support APT-X, but the quality sounds no different than my Rezound did using them. I've tried looking through the bluetooth menus but it doesn't tell you if its A2DP or APT-X. I also tried looking for some sort of bluetooth diagnostic thing in the market with no luck. I seen where someone posted something about the LG G2 and using terminal to examine the build prop to see if it was enabled or not, but I have no clue how to do that with the Moto X. Any insight into this would be helpful, I just am looking for the best bluetooth audio quality possible with my phone, and from what I hear APT-X is he best as of now.
27th May 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentonmc24

Does anyone know how to tell if APT-X bluetooth audio streaming is on by default on the Moto X? I have a pair of Motorola S11-HD bluetooth headphones that support APT-X, but the quality sounds no different than my Rezound did using them. I've tried looking through the bluetooth menus but it doesn't tell you if its A2DP or APT-X. I also tried looking for some sort of bluetooth diagnostic thing in the market with no luck. I seen where someone posted something about the LG G2 and using terminal to examine the build prop to see if it was enabled or not, but I have no clue how to do that with the Moto X. Any insight into this would be helpful, I just am looking for the best bluetooth audio quality possible with my phone, and from what I hear APT-X is he best as of now.

This is hard to answer, because there are many factors in sound quality.

Does the Moto X even support APT-X?
What are your source files? Are they lossless? If not, what kind of bit-rate are they?
I get the feeling that the S11-HD are not that great of quality, sound-wise.....so I'm not sure you would hear the difference anyways. I'm having a real hard time finding the specs on these(what drivers? Frequency range? etc etc). Throwing "High definition" in the name of the product doesn't make it good....it just makes it expensive.
Last edited by Arak-Nafein; 27th May 2014 at 05:26 PM.
27th May 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak-Nafein

This is hard to answer, because there are many factors in sound quality.

Does the Moto X even support APT-X?
What are your source files? Are they lossless? If not, what kind of bit-rate are they?
I get the feeling that the S11-HD are not that great of quality, sound-wise.....so I'm not sure you would hear the difference anyways. I'm having a real hard time finding the specs on these(what drivers? Frequency range? etc etc). Throwing "High definition" in the name of the product doesn't make it good....it just makes it expensive.

Yes I'm having a hard time finding all the specs myself. However if you go to the APTX website http://aptx.com/category/phones it has the Moto X and the S11-HD listed as APTX products. I'm just trying to figure out if my phone is using the APTX profile or the A2DP profile while using the headset that is supposed to be APTX compatible.
The Following User Says Thank You to trentonmc24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread